Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to another site I was on, Lukaku done something to really tick off two high up officals at the club and both he and his agent are trying to rectify it and push a move as that's where Lukaku wants to play. Also said not to discredit man United links. Anyway pinch of salt etc just thought I'd share as if it's true about him doing something to tick off Chelsea officials who are high up it makes me wonder what it was he done if true.

Don't get why either. They treated him like dirt.

I remember he missed a pen in that Euro Super Cup and it was like he'd banged all their fan's mums. They hated him.

Grass isn't always greener, Rom.
Think he's genuinely been a fan since younger so no sweat. Also they're champions and will elevate his status if he plays for them. Could maybe even be unfinished business to put right.

I'd much rather he stayed at Everton but can't see it beyond summer.

Shouldn't bother us if he does go. The team is becoming Lukaku-centric, which is not a good thing, I believe.

I'm old enough to remember this happening before, in the mid-'80s, when the team became centred on one player. Name of Lineker. Oh it was great when he was popping the goals in, but when he wasn't delivering goals, the team was organised in such a way that goals came from hardly anywhere else. So what did we win in '85-'86? Nothing. Fell at the last hurdle in both major competitions. 3rd game from the end of the season. 0-0 away at Oxford with a few minutes to go. Lineker clean through on goal - misses. Oxford go up the other end and score. We lose 0-1. Pipped to the title by 2 points. Lineker scores in the Cup Final. Apart from that, we never looked like scoring again and the rest is horrible history. The following season, after he had gone to Barcelona, the whole thrust of the team changed and... we won the title.

Goals came from "hardly anywhere else".....

Sharp 19

Heath 10

Steven 9

And a further nine players scored 19 goals between them for us that season.

We accumulated 86 points in finishing second....we scored 87 goals in total, a very healthy 57 of them not scored by Lineker.

That was only two fewer goals than we scored in winning the Title the previous season.

The following season we won the league with the exact same points total, 86, and scored 76 goals...eleven fewer than in the Lineker season.

Lineker put us in front in the Cup Final.

If is beyond bonkers to suggest we won nowt in 1986 because our main striker scored 30 goals and gave us the lead at Wembley :dance:

Last edited:
Think he's genuinely been a fan since younger so no sweat. Also they're champions and will elevate his status if he plays for them. Could maybe even be unfinished business to put right.

I'd much rather he stayed at Everton but can't see it beyond summer.
yup. idolized drogba growing up

Don't get why either. They treated him like dirt.

I remember he missed a pen in that Euro Super Cup and it was like he'd banged all their fan's mums. They hated him.

Grass isn't always greener, Rom.
Thats just not true mate.
We never said anything about him, and he was the one that pushed to go on loan after that miss.
Besides, we endured 3 years of Fernando Torres and we always supported him throughout his spell at Chelsea, cant see why it would be different with Lukaku, who is a much better player than Torres( during his spell at Chelsea of course).

Thats just not true mate.
We never said anything about him, and he was the one that pushed to go on loan after that miss.
Besides, we endured 3 years of Fernando Torres and we always supported him throughout his spell at Chelsea, cant see why it would be different with Lukaku, who is a much better player than Torres( during his spell at Chelsea of course).

Unless something about his character changes Rom will crumble under the weight of a 70 mil transfer.

Good luck to him though.

There are a lot who seem to be dreading what will happen to us when ( not if ) Lukaku finally makes good on his ambitions, and heads off down the road. They point out that he is the only goal threat we have, and without him, we plummet down the table.

I, on the other hand, have come to believe that, even with his goals, he is more of a hindrance than a help. He tends to only put in an effort when he feels like it; and if he doesn't feel like it, it's like playing with 10 men. He walks and points...a lot. He doesn't now, and never will put pressure on the ball. It's not in his DNA.

Some say he doesn't get enough support. There is some truth in that. It's also true that his lack of movement and poor first touch, sees a lot of the support he does receive, wasted. He's big, fast and lazy.

Will we miss his goals? Perhaps, but I think that will be sorted in the summer.

Will we miss him? Nah.

For those that say we would crumble without him...

He's hardly done anything of note in the past month.

Miss his goals? Yes.
Miss the player and what he offers elsewhere? Not a chance.

Top strikers contribute when they're not scoring. He's done bugger all in the period the team as a whole haven't done much.

Would drive him there myself for 80m.

Can't believe the fans still clap him,most disrespectful player we have had at our club since Lesscot! Constantly saying he wants out! There's a way to go about things, The man is a disgrace!!!

Find it kind of amusing that the one time he comes and hits out at the media over speculation over his future is when it's a story saying he has doubts,about Chelsea and questions his willingness to work hard.

Shame he never seemed to have a problem when the media are saying he's off to a champions league team and how he's far too good and effectively carrying us.

Not even bothered if he stays or goes, great finisher, by no means a great all round player. Very few got better once they pushed for their moves away from us. He ends up at Chelsea or United nea, they can afford top level strikers anyways, and for the systems he is no improvement certainly over Costa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back