Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just nostalgia mate. Van Wolfswinkel and Daley Blind are all you get these days. An ale house league anyone with sense gives a wide berth to. The SPL without the buckfast.

In general your right, but they do have some players as well.

So on the basis of most of the comments on here RL isn't all that, his goals are incidental and he has to go.

So let's just gauge what the reaction would be on say July 5 if a press release from Everton confirms he has been sold to Chelsea for £28 million.

Clearly there is going to be dancing in the streets around Goodison

So the fault in all this lies with the poor management at Everton. If he really isn't trying, wants out doesn't add anything then he quite simply shouldn't be playing. The league season is done and dusted and if he wants out then quite simply let one of the academy players have a run. It's not happened so why not?

I don't pretend to be anything else other than a fan of football. The pundits, yes I know about them, but most are ex players so they see things we don't, near enough to a man rate RL and time after time they go on about how to get the best out of him.

I too hear that there is an issue with him returning to Chelsea , my limited understanding it's much akin to the issues they had with Hazard in that they say too much in the press but with the twist of wanting to be treated as special and guarenteed a starting place. If you listen now to Hazard he is far more guarded than he was before his move to England.When Hazard stepped out of line at Chelsea bang he was benched and that should have been the situation once RL refused the new contract. Everton are treating RL is bigger than the club!

Just been listening to Rene Mulenstein, ex man utd coach. When asked the question about RL being a perfect fit at utd, he said definitely not. Saying his link up play and ability for a series of quick passes in the final third of play is poor.

Thats just not true mate.
We never said anything about him, and he was the one that pushed to go on loan after that miss.
Besides, we endured 3 years of Fernando Torres and we always supported him throughout his spell at Chelsea, cant see why it would be different with Lukaku, who is a much better player than Torres( during his spell at Chelsea of course).
You still here
When is Hazard off to Madrid ??

Eriksson n saurez came from holland

A lot of good players have, even during times theie teams have been poor, Ajax right now have 3-4 players who'd be noticeable improvements over anything we have, VVD and Strootman both Dutch both beeline massively good buys, to write off any players in a league or a nationality is frankly silly.

Not sure I'm comfortable with the racial undertones of Lukaku calling himself too lazy to play for Conte.

The type of player Rom is, he's a lot more valuable to an elite team than he is to a team trying to become elite. With world class players around him, he's going to be devastating as a focal point.

I'm not that fussed if he goes BUT I also think he's going to absolutely tear it up wherever he ends up.

According to speculation, Chelsea are signing Morata, United Griezzman and half of the the rest of the footballers on the planet, must have a billion quid war chest!

No idea where Lukaku is going but I reckon he is definitely gone.

The type of player Rom is, he's a lot more valuable to an elite team than he is to a team trying to become elite. With world class players around him, he's going to be devastating as a focal point.

I'm not that fussed if he goes BUT I also think he's going to absolutely tear it up wherever he ends up.
I think it's the opposite, in a team of world class players he'll get shown up as not being at the same level.

There's a world class player in there, but at times it seems he's his own worst enemy with some half paced displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back