Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying it isnt petty or childish, like why grown men tweet 'sign for us' at random players as if they are going to listen. However football fans are a strange breed and he's an intelligent guy who knows exactly what he's doing.

The fact that he never wanted to come here, always talked about leaving while he was here meant people couldnt really take to him and now he appears to be purposly trying to turn the fans against him.
That's never been noticeable to me.

This analysis (he didn't want to be here, he's never been a favourite, we get goals from him that dont win games) is all just part of the mental gymnastics that occur prior to us losing a big player...it's a defence mechanism.

Here's the facts as see them:

he gave us 4 seasons in which he served with distinction
he gave us no problem whatsoever, always gave his all and didn't hide in the treatment room
he scored bucket loads of goals
he has ambitions to fulfil and he'll never do that with this club in the foreseeable

I'll just thank him for his services and the huge transfer fee he'll provide for us and wish him the best of luck in his new venture, wherever that might be.

This analysis (he didn't want to be here, he's never been a favourite, we get goals from him that dont win games) is all just part of the mental gymnastics that occur prior to us losing a big player...it's a defence mechanism.

he gave us no problem whatsoever, always gave his all and didn't hide in the treatment room
he has ambitions to fulfil and he'll never do that with this club in the foreseeable

I'll just thank him for his services and the huge transfer fee he'll provide for us and wish him the best of luck in his new venture, wherever that might be.

That is a far too sensible post Dave ! (Never thought I'd ever say that :p)

Standby for Operation ROMBOO

Standby for Operation ROMBOO

Yeah, pretty much this. We'll get major dough for him and buy some boss players. Onwards and upwards.

Lol.

I am ready for life without Rom.

20 goals a season are big shoes to fill though, I hope we can get somebody to slot in and fill that void immediately.

He has his admirers and his detractors. For all of the things he isn't very good at, he makes up for that by slotting 20 a season, which is an absolutely priceless commodity and why there will be lots of suitors willing to pay big bucks.

He will leave with his head held high and for a huge profit for the club, it's a win win all round.

I'm a Rom fan, but even I have to say that his latest social media actions have annoyed me. They're very telling if you ask me.

I completely agree. Its football, it happens and we will move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back