Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and Lukaku loses a fortune in wages by sitting on his existing contract for a further 12 months. You think something has to give.

Loses a fortune in wages? 12 months at say £50k a week more is what worth £2.6 million. After tax/ nic, agents fees etc amounts to around £ 1 million. Huge money to you and me but to a young footballer not that much.

Fast forward 12 months a big fat juicy loyalty payment from Everton which will almost certainly be a feature in his current contract. He will choose where he goes and a major factor in that will be his new wage and a massive signing on fee.His destination may well be to the club bidding the most but there is no guarantee of that for he will hold the whip hand

My guess he would be looking for a wage of at least £200k a week net around or around £2.5 million a year more than he is on now . He will get 5% of the transfer fee, a signing on fee of several millions so yes in the short term it will cost him but in the medium to long term it certainly won't.

I am mildly amused that the one time you'd expect him to be mouthing off while on international duty would be this time.

And not a peep!

Telegraph running with Morata to United.

Chelsea the only club left really, but will he want to go and compete with Costa?

Telegraph running with Morata to United.

Chelsea the only club left really, but will he want to go and compete with Costa?
Lukaku has his heart set on London and Chelsea again according to many. He's better than Costa and will start games if he is fit.

Lukaku is going - I have already accepted this. He is too good for Europa League and we don't look like getting CL footy anytime soon.

Loses a fortune in wages? 12 months at say £50k a week more is what worth £2.6 million. After tax/ nic, agents fees etc amounts to around £ 1 million. Huge money to you and me but to a young footballer not that much.

Fast forward 12 months a big fat juicy loyalty payment from Everton which will almost certainly be a feature in his current contract. He will choose where he goes and a major factor in that will be his new wage and a massive signing on fee.His destination may well be to the club bidding the most but there is no guarantee of that for he will hold the whip hand

My guess he would be looking for a wage of at least £200k a week net around or around £2.5 million a year more than he is on now . He will get 5% of the transfer fee, a signing on fee of several millions so yes in the short term it will cost him but in the medium to long term it certainly won't.

Should be able to upgrade from smarties to revels on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back