Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's ambitious. Is that a so bad? He's been open about his ambition since the moment he signed, yet people are still finding ways to get offended. Bore off.

Yeah he's been a little disrespectful but he's been our best striker for decades. When he returns people should just keep their mouths shut instead of replicating kids on a playground when the teacher confiscates their ball. Imagine thousands of actual middle aged men booing a 24 year old man because he's ambitious. It's fking tragic.
What's the point of employing an agent and run your mouth off at the sametime while playing for the national team? Everton paid him and if you are not disgusted by his latest comment then okay. It's an understatement to say he is a bit disrespectful in fact I deem it is totally disrespectful while the guy remains contracted to the club for two more years. See the John Collins's column at the Express yesterday. His past comments made people feel Everton are too small and he is a much bigger figure. It does not give one a free ride even he is the best striker for this club in decades. Disrespectful means disrespectful there isn't a scale to measure the level of it. It strikes me as if he is trying to get his price down for his dream move by talking to the media in front of the camera. Ambitious is not an excuse. He can choose not to speak about it in public but he chooses not to. His agent will get him his move anyway. The thing is if he walks nobody will blame him but the relationship with the fans will not end well with all these public comments being made by the lad.

Last edited:
I'm utterly astounded at how many Evertonians are wanting to see the back of him. The first Everton striker to score over 20 league goals since 1985, and you all can't wait until he's gone. Mental.

Guarantee we don't replace his goals next season.

I think most people want to see the back of him due to his recent attitude rather than his ability. Some of it will also be bravado because he will be very difficult to replace. I've had his back all season but the recent transfer posturing and lack of respect to the club cannot be ignored. He clearly wants out so he should be sold to the highest bidder as keeping hold of a vocally unhappy player is not good news for the rest of the squad or the club in general.

I'm utterly astounded at how many Evertonians are wanting to see the back of him. The first Everton striker to score over 20 league goals since 1985, and you all can't wait until he's gone. Mental.

Mate, if he hadn't laughed on camera saying that he has made his mind up where he is going earlier this week, perhaps people wouldn't want him gone but, he is being a [Poor language removed] to us, why should we humour him?

I think most people want to see the back of him due to his recent attitude rather than his ability. Some of it will also be bravado because he will be very difficult to replace. I've had his back all season but the recent transfer posturing and lack of respect to the club cannot be ignored. He clearly wants out so he should be sold to the highest bidder as keeping hold of a vocally unhappy player is not good news for the rest of the squad or the club in general.

Certainly. Although he wanted out last summer too, we kept hold of him and he got on with it. If someone pays the £70m or so for him, then I wouldn't begrudge him leaving. I appreciate his comments have been infuriating, but it's equally as annoying seeing fnas say 'we'll be better off without him' or saying he isn't good which is baffling.

Yet most people or here are saying in effect what a crap player he is.

Certainly. Although he wanted out last summer too, we kept hold of him and he got on with it. If someone pays the £70m or so for him, then I wouldn't begrudge him leaving. I appreciate his comments have been infuriating, but it's equally as annoying seeing fnas say 'we'll be better off without him' or saying he isn't good which is baffling.

I think he's stepped it up another level this window though. He blatantly said this week he knew where he was going and it's not Everton. As a consequence it's unlikely he'll have many blues supporting his attitude given this reveal.

That will be easy dont you know. Just get 3 players to share out his goals. Doubt any one would notice that the starting 11 for Everton is now a starting 13!

Ok we have no idea who or indeed the quality of any player coming in but the way in which so many are wishing him gone and questioning his ability are indeed acting bizarrely to say the least.

In the club shop now and here is not a single Lukaku shirt up in the shop. Only first team player I can see without one on display.

He was obviously given a promise last year that if we get a massive fee then we will let him go, same as Stones was. If this wasn't the case he would deffo be the type to hand a request in. No respect for the club at all the way he's acted at times.

In saying that, unless we touch lucky and manage to get another 20 goal a season man, we probably won't realise what we had until it's gone. I must admit I have never really taken to him, mainly his comments at times, and I think we all really knew that when he signed, it was only going to be temporary.

I'd rather sell for a big fee then try and replace/rebuild, even if he stays we still have to the same job only a year later.

In the club shop now and here is not a single Lukaku shirt up in the shop. Only first team player I can see without one on display.

You'd need to be a bit mental to go and buy a shirt with Lukaku 10 on the back today to be fair.

He's a top player, but he just needs to leave now so we can all get on with our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back