Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure, that is more than likely to be true, but the way this summer is going and IF he is going to be here post September 1st, where he likely want even be in the clubs top 6 earners, will his ego allow 12-months of that.

I make you right, BTW, but I'm just saying, if all is not well at Chelsea, then his options are dwindling by the day. It's just a theory, but no matter what Raiola thought we'd be no match for him after he forced UTD and Juve to pay an additional £41m to him (in a deal both sides were happy with without the need for an agent) then I reckon he is fuming Everton didn't play ball on that release fee. Fuming.
agreed. Just genuinely don't think he cares much about that money. Obviously a completely theoretical exercise but I bet he'd rather be on a 70k in the CL, than 140k finishing 7th. As you said though his options are dwindling. Only way he signs a new deal if we agree to let him go for "x amount if we aren't in CL" or something like that.

Wondered over for 3 minutes to see a Chelsea forum. That was enough for me.
God help these "supporters" if they are complaining about their club in this fashion.

Capture.webp

I do enjoy tasting Chelseas tears :

my take is i am 50/50.
I think he'd want to stay, improve the team and make a real go at CL and retaining the league. Because regardless how quiet it's been, i do think we'll strengthen.

But, and it's a big but, he walked out on Juve as they didn't sign who he wanted. And if he walked out on Juve, he'd walk out on anyone.

I think the story of him being unhappy with lack of signings is true, as he apparently wants a busy busy summer, but i think the part of him walking out is a bit premature IMO

YNWA Antonio

agreed. Just genuinely don't think he cares much about that money. Obviously a completely theoretical exercise but I bet he'd rather be on a 70k in the CL, than 140k finishing 7th. As you said though his options are dwindling. Only way he signs a new deal if we agree to let him go for "x amount if we aren't in CL" or something like that.
I would worry if he signs a new contract as there will be a release clause, if he signs I would expect him to leave soon after like Torres for example did

I would worry if he signs a new contract as there will be a release clause, if he signs I would expect him to leave soon after like Torres for example did
As opposed to not signing one and leaving next Summer for half of the amount?
He's gone anyway, but if he were to stay another season hypothetically, signing a new contract would get us a better fee in the long run.

well if he doesn't sign one he is gone anyways, at least a contract with a release clause would protect us if we do decide to keep him one more season

I think the biggest reason you want Lukaku in your side is that he bullies all of the lower teams in this league. If our other players are doing their jobs and supplying him with chances against the lower 13 sides, chances are he will score. Yes, the top 6 sides can neutralize him, but they can neutralize most strikers anyway. That means other players will need to step up (Klassen, Barkley, whoever we sign). You beat all of the lower sides in this league, chances are you are in the top four. It will be much easier to hit top 4 football with him than without him. At that point, we will have the credentials to make bigger signings and replace him. Unless we sign Sandro (fingers crossed), I don't see us finding much of a replacement if he leaves.
He is very static at times though, and IMO that's down to him being lazy rather than the other players not performing. But TBH i do think he is a bit of a fool wanting to leave at this moment in time, as there are exciting times ahead and you have to wonder why he doesn't want to be part of that.

There was an interview recently with Romelu, how he described a player friend at City told him how the club changed over a couple of days with players coming in and it convinced the player to stay. Might play out similar, be sweet if it did.

I think with him coming out with " staying at Everton isn't an option".... Pretty sure that means he's gone and we are preemptivly spending.... Well...seems that way anyways. Be lovely if he stays mind.

Three words - Champions League football.
Maybe but probably not, but it isn't as if his 29, here the team that is being built is very youthful, our young English contingent is brilliant (not that all are likely to make it though) what is it about wanting to jump ship and join a team that has already done what we are trying to do, it's happened now at Chelsea it IMO joining them is just cheating your way to trophies. But at the end of the day I believe it's the money, the likes of Chelsea will pay higher wages than we will, the offer we have put to him is good but at Chelsea he would be looking for 200k a week.

IMO joining them is just cheating your way to trophies. .
Listen no-one wants lukaku to leave more than me. I think trying to fill the void created by his departure to be a real challenge for Walsh and koeman. But at the end of the day 'cheating' your way to trophies or not, players want to be at successful clubs. I genuinely don't think money has come into it with regard to lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back