Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams was also bullied all over the shop by Deeney and Okaka, our backline is vulnerable to any target man. Lukaku will have a field day against our current defence.

They both know how to use their power. Rom is referred to as a bully but he's not. The only time I have ever seen him bully defenders was in the derby at Goodison when he ran Skrtl and Sakho (I think) absolutely ragged, out muscled them, held them off, won headers etc.

I have no family connection to this club either, and live halfway around the world, i don't think that makes me a lesser fan.

Same goes for him.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Going in your favour is you haven't jumped on a glory bandwagon like he has (depending on the year you decided to support us).

I have no family connection to this club either, and live halfway around the world, i don't think that makes me a lesser fan.

Same goes for him.
With all due respect, and I will probably get dogs abuse for saying it, surely it does make you less of a fan. Surely if you have no connection to the club and live halfway across the world you cant class yourself as much of a fan as someone who turns up week in week out and pays good money to support us?

And fair play he finally made it and blasted all known scoring records in his time there.

Chelsea:

2011-2012 Played 8 Scored 0 goals (Premiership)
2013-2014
Played 2 Scored 0 goals (Premiership)

Couldn't even score a penalty. Perhaps he wants it so bad that he can't perform under the pressure he puts himself, which makes sense seeing any other big game he has folded. (bar the quarter final against Chelsea)

With all due respect, and I will probably get dogs abuse for saying it, surely it does make you less of a fan. Surely if you have no connection to the club and live halfway across the world you cant class yourself as much of a fan as someone who turns up week in week out and pays good money to support us?

So Evertonians who live locally but dont go/cant get to games are lesser fans too?

Some of them 'fans' around the world get up at crazy hours to watch games on TV - thats commitmemt.

So Evertonians who live locally but dont go/cant get to games are lesser fans too?

Some of them 'fans' around the world get up at crazy hours to watch games on TV - thats commitmemt.
Of course it is mate I am not suggesting for a minute it is not. I am just saying that a fan who goes to Goodison week in week out would surely be more of a fan then those who don't. Don't get me wrong people stop when they fall on hard times, have children etc. but a match going Evertonian's opinion will always carry more weight for me than someone who doesn't go. That is the same for fans of any club I speak to.

And being local means nothing, I know lads who sit by me who come from North Wales every week. As big a blues as anyone from County Road.

You shouldn't get abused for that opinion.

Just know there's a good number of non-local fans who'd jump at the chance to be able to even visit the stadiums let alone watch their teams play.

If i was in Lukaku's situation i wouldnt even think twice about joining Chelsea. Everton disappoint me every season and im still here.

Measuring how big of a fan someone is is always abit of a pointless exercise to me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back