Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't get abused for that opinion.

Just know there's a good number of non-local fans who'd jump at the chance to be able to even visit the stadiums let alone watch their teams play.

If i was in Lukaku's situation i wouldnt even think twice about joining Chelsea. Everton disappoint me every season and im still here.

Measuring how big of a fan someone is is always abit of a pointless exercise to me anyway.
Agree with you there mate, If the current champions are after him you cannot blame him for wanting to leave. We have had 4 good years. For what its worth I don't actually think he will be too hard to replace. The vast majority of his goals were against teams we should be beating at Goodison so if we still win them games we are halfway there. If we can bring a forward in who actually puts a shift in away from home and more importantly can hold the ball up when we need some respite I think we will win so many more points on the road.

lukaku also claims to also be a die hard anderlect fan!
hes just playing upto home counties rentboys so the mupperts go and buy shirts!
every player the RS signed used to be diehard,until Robbie keane was caught out spouting the same rubbish for every club he signed for!

Of course it is mate I am not suggesting for a minute it is not. I am just saying that a fan who goes to Goodison week in week out would surely be more of a fan then those who don't. Don't get me wrong people stop when they fall on hard times, have children etc. but a match going Evertonian's opinion will always carry more weight for me than someone who doesn't go. That is the same for fans of any club I speak to.

And being local means nothing, I know lads who sit by me who come from North Wales every week. As big a blues as anyone from County Road.

You would definitely want to re-think that stance if you had the clown that sits behind me chuntering in your earhole every other week !!!

Just because some go to the games, does not give them a divine right to be correct... those who can't for whatever reason physically get to a game, but who make the effort to watch on TV probably get a better view of the game inasmuch as they get to see oodles of instant replays whilst those of us in the stands see it only in real time.

There are quite a few of our far away Blues who I think I'd rather have sat near me next season !!

Last edited:

Of course it is mate I am not suggesting for a minute it is not. I am just saying that a fan who goes to Goodison week in week out would surely be more of a fan then those who don't. Don't get me wrong people stop when they fall on hard times, have children etc. but a match going Evertonian's opinion will always carry more weight for me than someone who doesn't go. That is the same for fans of any club I speak to.

And being local means nothing, I know lads who sit by me who come from North Wales every week. As big a blues as anyone from County Road.

Do you know what, spot on that. Of course all Blues opinions are important but its about the total experience of going home and away with fellow Blues. Their opinion, on the whole, is that little bit more informed and listenable.

You would definitely want to re-thing that stance if you had the clown that sits behind me chuntering in your earhole every other week !!!

Just because some go to the games, does not give them a divine right to be correct... those who can't for whatever reason physically get to a game, but who make the effort to watch on TV probably get a better view of the game inasmuch as they get to see oodles of instant replays whilst those of us in the stands see it only in real time.

There are quite a few of our far away Blues who I think I'd rather have sat near me next season !!
Tbf, IMO, someone with a family connection to the club or from the area, or just goes the match is bound to have stronger feeling towards the club than someone who has just chose Everton from overseas, surely?

Wouldn't it be absolutely ace if nobody met the valuation, we kept him and still spent around 100-130m on Pickford (25 initially), Sandro (6), Klaassen (24), Keane (25), Gylfi (30) and another striker (25) in this window.

Obviously we could recoup at least 25m of that with the sale of McCarthy, Jags, the money coming in from Cleverley and of course if Barkley moves on.

I think questioning someone's fandom is a low blow. I have no doubt that Lukaku is a die-hard Chelsea fan, and I am a DIE-HARD Everton fan. If you think I am any less of a fan because I don't live in the area, then you are fairly close-minded and I am considering the cancellation of our coffee date on Friday. Good day.

With all due respect, and I will probably get dogs abuse for saying it, surely it does make you less of a fan. Surely if you have no connection to the club and live halfway across the world you cant class yourself as much of a fan as someone who turns up week in week out and pays good money to support us?

I am certainly not going to abuse you for your opinion mate but I can't see what your point is here. Specifically:
1) How do you quantify a fan?
2) Every game can now be watched (sometimes using streams etc) making the game more accessible than ever.
3) Opinions on the game itself / technical aspects are inhibited for match-going fans surely as they don't have instant replays etc Not sure how / why you would more readily approve of a snap-judgement than one more comprehensively considered.

The club will value season ticket holders more than the rest, and so they should. Season ticket holders are the life blood of the club, create the atmosphere etc. To say though that they are 'better' though I don't understand.

Wouldn't it be absolutely ace if nobody met the valuation, we kept him and still spent around 100-130m on Pickford (25 initially), Sandro (6), Klaassen (24), Keane (25), Gylfi (30) and another striker (25) in this window.

Obviously we could recoup at least 25m of that with the sale of McCarthy, Jags, the money coming in from Cleverley and of course if Barkley moves on.
Dembele

You shouldn't get abused for that opinion.

Just know there's a good number of non-local fans who'd jump at the chance to be able to even visit the stadiums let alone watch their teams play.

If i was in Lukaku's situation i wouldnt even think twice about joining Chelsea. Everton disappoint me every season and im still here.

Measuring how big of a fan someone is is always abit of a pointless exercise to me anyway.
WRONG. Quim is a superfan and you're not. Deal with it.

I get up to goodison maybe only 5 times a season depending on family and work committments. I'm a West Londoner born and raised but i'd be livid if someone suggested to me that because i live down here i'm not classed as much of a fan as someone who lives a stones throw from Goodison and attends every game. That my opinion on the team i've supported all my life isn't as valid. If we want to compete with teams like United and Chelsea, and keep players of Lukaku's quality (just to keep it on point) Everton need to expand it's appeal commercially to the rest of the world and catch up with those teams above us. We do that and you'll find there will be lots of big spending oversea blues and the whilst you may not value there opinion they club certainly will.

I get up to goodison maybe only 5 times a season depending on family and work committments. I'm a West Londoner born and raised but i'd be livid if someone suggested to me that because i live down here i'm not classed as much of a fan as someone who lives a stones throw from Goodison and attends every game. That my opinion on the team i've supported all my life isn't as valid. If we want to compete with teams like United and Chelsea, and keep players of Lukaku's quality (just to keep it on point) Everton need to expand it's appeal commercially to the rest of the world and catch up with those teams above us. We do that and you'll find there will be lots of big spending oversea blues and the whilst you may not value there opinion they club certainly will.
I'd rather have a strong local fan base, which is what we have got, than a bunch of: Chinese, Norwegian, American, etc who can afford to buy the latest shirt but would drop us if we went through a bad patch.

Someone from another country who has just chosen a club to follow is not as big a fan as someone who has: family connection, lives in the area or someone who goes to the game.

No one is suggesting people like you, who go the game, aren't worthy of an opinion.

I'm stating that Lukaku is NOT a Chelsea fan. He was born in Belgium and 'chose' them because he is glory hunting.

I'd rather have a strong local fan base, which is what we have got, than a bunch of: Chinese, Norwegian, American, etc who can afford to buy the latest shirt but would drop us if we went through a bad patch.

Someone from another country who has just chosen a club to follow is not as big a fan as someone who has: family connection, lives in the area or someone who goes to the game.

No one is suggesting people like you, who go the game, aren't worthy of an opinion.

I'm stating that Lukaku is NOT a Chelsea fan. He was born in Belgium and 'chose' them because he is glory hunting.
Been following since the '70's, seen enough bad patches thanks, but I've only seen 1 game at Goodison (2 games here). Apologies if I don't qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back