Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course.

You've spent money to come to a game. You followed in the 70's when we weren't a successful team.

I know a lot of Liverpool fans who don't go to the game anymore due to the reason that it is just full of tourists around them. Most jumped on the bandwagon in 2005.

I don't want that for Everton.

I'm proud that Everton have a mostly loyal and local fan base.
Well, I agree that whilst it'd be a buzz seeing Everton shirts all around my City, I'm quite happy to be in the minority.

The club can take steps to avoid freezing locals out by ensuring members are adequately represented in the stands. Steps that should be taken now. Clearly other clubs lust for the tourist dollar but you've got to expect that at a successful club. I can't see it happening but I concede that it could. I'd certainly support any measures taken to ensure strong local support continues but it's doesn't need to be at the expense of foreign fans.

Many on here have denigrated the club for not thinking globally in, say, Thailand with Chang, in the US with Howard & Landycakes, or even Oz with Timmy. Foreign fans would certainly be a part of that group. Denying someone's opinion based on their location & financial support of the club borders on elitism.

Why does the club strive to play in Europe...you know, foreign countries...if we don't want to be anything but local though? Surely it's a contradiction? It'd be the easiest thing in the world to become a small club for locals, descend into the Championship, and be done with tourists. Unfortunately, the genies out of the bottle & being in the PL puts us on the world stage in front of a global audience. For the record, I'll still be here, supporting Everton if, God forbid, that ever happened!

(BTW, I'm generalising here GB, not targeting you personally)

I know a lot of Liverpool fans who don't go to the game anymore due to the reason that it is just full of tourists around them. Most jumped on the bandwagon in 2005.

I don't want that for Everton.

I'm proud that Everton have a mostly loyal and local fan base.

The you don't want Everton to be successful and win trophies, as the 2 go hand in hand.

It's standard in the modern game.

The tourists only get tickets for OT and the pit because people have season tickets that they use as cash dispensers btw.

The you don't want Everton to be successful and win trophies, as the 2 go hand in hand.

The tourists only get tickets for OT and the pit because people have season tickets that they use as cash dispensers btw.
I don't think it does. It's difficult, but I believe we're trying to go a different way.

I think Moshiri has been clever in trying to build up the support in the city. It is working, too, having sold out every game at Goodison.

My season ticket went down by £100 this season because I'm U-25. What other club does an U-25 season ticket discount?

Then you have the £95 kid's season ticket.

I would hate the day our local, hardcore support is priced out by some middle-class Norweigan family.

Town on a Liverpool match weekend is pathetic.

wouldn't say the RS have been successfukl with loads of trophies since 2005 tbh.

I don't think it does. It's difficult, but I believe we're trying to go a different way.

I think Moshiri has been clever in trying to build up the support in the city. It is working, too, having sold out every game at Goodison.

My season ticket went down by £100 this season because I'm U-25. What other club does an U-25 season ticket discount?

I would hate the day our local, hardcore support is priced out by some middle-class Norweigan family.

I agree that the club have gone about ensuring the ground is full in the right way. However, if we did ever become a trophy winning CL side, there'd be plenty of day trippers in the stadium mate, as some would choose to cash in on their seats. It happens at all the top clubs in this country.

I agree that the club have gone about ensuring the ground is full in the right way. However, if we did ever become a trophy winning CL side, there'd be plenty of day trippers in the stadium mate, as some would choose to cash in on their seats. It happens at all the top clubs in this country.
I know, sadly.

I just hope that when we do move to the new stadium prices remain affordable, so the working classes of the city can afford to keep their season tickets. That would be the only way of preventing them leeches getting hold of any.

Scotland Road is rhife with replica liverpool shirts that have scandinavian names on.

They haven't, but they've accumulated 100's of thousands of glory hunters over the last few decades. 2005 generated a city full by itself.

and where has it got them? They've gone backwards. Thought you said, they came hand in hand

... i'm supposed to be working, so i think i may have read your post wrong ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back