Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd say in his head he was thinking he'd be here 2 season max before Real or Bayern came calling. 4 years later and he's still here. Poor lad.

lollol Yeh - cant help but feel sorry for him mate!

Wish I could get stuck somewhere just scraping by on £50 - 70K a week for 4 years.

Its going to be interesting to see if we stick to our guns regarding the price or indeed if someone from Rom's greener grass perspective does come calling.

I'd rather have a strong local fan base, which is what we have got, than a bunch of: Chinese, Norwegian, American, etc who can afford to buy the latest shirt but would drop us if we went through a bad patch.

Someone from another country who has just chosen a club to follow is not as big a fan as someone who has: family connection, lives in the area or someone who goes to the game.

No one is suggesting people like you, who go the game, aren't worthy of an opinion.

I'm stating that Lukaku is NOT a Chelsea fan. He was born in Belgium and 'chose' them because he is glory hunting.

I agree with you a strong local fan base is important, but I never like the "I am a better fan" argument. There is no doubt the club need to expand the global brand to succeed, so we need more overseas "fans"

I am in a unique situation in that I was born there, live in Canada, but even though I only make it back for 3-4 home games a season, I simply cannot give up my season ticket. Over the past 12 years or so, I have had 5-6 mates who have wanted to come over and experience it. We will usually come over when there are mid week games, so see Everton twice, and likely go to one other ground. It is a definite mixed reaction. Some of them think our supporters are the greatest people in the world, but others have said once some locals hear their accent, they are definitely treated like an outsider, as if their opinion doesn't matter, have found other supporters more welcoming etc, which I find unfortunate when someone spends 1500+quid to come watch a couple matches...
Like I say, I agree a local and passionate base is key, it is something I look forward to experiencing every time I come back, and I also have to admit now that I myself have a Canadian accent, that I don't want to start seeing 10,000 "foreigners" at every match (having sat in the home end at the Emirates a couple times for example, I would never want to see us turn into that) so I know that makes me somewhat of a hypocrite, but to treat people as lesser fan, or say their opinion doesn't matter as much?? I don't get that logic... I could understand it if you said "those that sit in the Park End don't have a valid opinion"

Imagine when the reality kicks in that nobody wants him.

Poor fella.

There is no way I can see how he can remain an Everton player but let's just suppose there isn't interest from say a CL club and its say only the likes of say Swansea or Palace who, other than Chelsea, show an interest then a bid of even £30- £40 million could be enough if higher bids come in
It would be no good Everton playing hardball in those circumstances for one way or another he is going to be sold.
Having said all that the fact that other than Chelsea no one else really is showing an interest suggests to me a deal has been done already

There is no way I can see how he can remain an Everton player but let's just suppose there isn't interest from say a CL club and its say only the likes of say Swansea or Palace who, other than Chelsea, show an interest then a bid of even £30- £40 million could be enough if higher bids come in
It would be no good Everton playing hardball in those circumstances for one way or another he is going to be sold.
Having said all that the fact that other than Chelsea no one else really is showing an interest suggests to me a deal has been done already

??????????

We arent gonna sell him to Swansea for 40m mate.

??????????

We arent gonna sell him to Swansea for 40m mate.

I don't doubt that nor do I say they will what I said was a bid of circa that could get him and by that I mean Chelsea making the highest bid.
I can't see any way back for him, I can't see how he won't be sold but if the highest offer is that figure what happens?

I don't doubt that nor do I say they will what I said was a bid of circa that could get him and by that I mean Chelsea.

I can't see any way back for him, I can't see how he won't be sold but if the highest offer is that figure what happens?

Then he stays and im pretty sure he would be happy with that.

Not a chance he leaves us for any club that finished below us last season and not a chance we accept anything below 60m for him.

If no-one meets the price and he has to stay, I could see him signing a one year extension. He will want to up his wages as soon as he knows no-one will meet the asking price and I expect a lower than £100m release clause inserted, somewhere around £80m would be my guess.

Then he stays and im pretty sure he would be happy with that.

Not a chance he leaves us for any club that finished below us last season and not a chance we accept anything below 60m for him.

As I say I can't see any way back and I really cant see anything other than huge problems if he doesn't leave. You say no way anything below £60 million will be accepted but the let's just suppose the highest bid doesn't get to that level do you really think he will be happy with that offer being turned down?He probably wouldn't consciously not perform but do you really believe he would be motivated?
If a deals already been done and if it's way below the sum being thrown out there any press release will contain words such as " for an undisclosed sum". Part of me thinks that the fact that he doesn't seem to being talked about as being on CL clubs shopping list is down to the fact that agents etc know a deal has already been agreed or he only has one destination in mind

As I say I can't see any way back and I really cant see anything other than huge problems if he doesn't leave. You say no way anything below £60 million will be accepted but the let's just suppose the highest bid doesn't get to that level do you really think he will be happy with that offer being turned down?He probably wouldn't consciously not perform but do you really believe he would be motivated?
If a deals already been done and if it's way below the sum being thrown out there any press release will contain words such as " for an undisclosed sum". Part of me thinks that the fact that he doesn't seem to being talked about as being on CL clubs shopping list is down to the fact that agents etc know a deal has already been agreed or he only has one destination in mind

Well he made it clear he had "picked" his team, if his selected team dont want him, well, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back