Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think it would be a disaster? I don't think he can afford to down tools for the entire season with a WC year. If he slots 20+ again next year, you would think we should challenge top 4 with the improvements already made.
Hopefully that would encourage him to stay. Likely not, but even still with how prices have inflated recently, there is no reason not to think his price with 1 year left next summer will be drastically different than it is now with 2 years (I know lots will laugh at that but who 12 months ago thought we would be talking about 100M for him? Haven't went through this entire thread, but most last summer were hoping we would get this past season out of him, and then let him go for 60M if we didn't make top 4, and most thought that would be good business, a year on and i don't think as many would say 60M is good business for Rom.....)

I think the first thing is that it's only Everton that are talking about £100 million. 12 months ago he was still in the protected period of his contract so he had little or no power in any negotiations . He is now outside the protected period and whilst there still is significant value in his contract as each transfer window comes and goes so does his value dimish. Yes there is inflation in the transfer market but in just in 17 months time will have run out at Everton and far from getting £60, £50 or whatever million Everton won't get a penny for him. Any agent really worth his salt won't agree to a transfer of any note in 12 months unless it was heavily weighted toward his client.
Unless he signs a new contract this window is the last that he realistically will generate a large transfer fee.
As for downing tools he doesn't need to for he is virtually a shoe in to the Belgium squad even this far out .As for for a top 4 that obviously is the target but that is still an enormous challenge and whilst the signings look promising the squad for me is still quite a way from being in that position.

I think the first thing is that it's only Everton that are talking about £100 million. 12 months ago he was still in the protected period of his contract so he had little or no power in any negotiations . He is now outside the protected period and whilst there still is significant value in his contract as each transfer window comes and goes so does his value dimish. Yes there is inflation in the transfer market but in just in 17 months time will have run out at Everton and far from getting £60, £50 or whatever million Everton won't get a penny for him. Any agent really worth his salt won't agree to a transfer of any note in 12 months unless it was heavily weighted toward his client.
Unless he signs a new contract this window is the last that he realistically will generate a large transfer fee.
As for downing tools he doesn't need to for he is virtually a shoe in to the Belgium squad even this far out .As for for a top 4 that obviously is the target but that is still an enormous challenge and whilst the signings look promising the squad for me is still quite a way from being in that position.
All fair points, I don't know if I would say he is a cert to start for Belgium already (but given the current manager, who knows) and maybe I am too optimistic on the fee next summer. If you believe some of the numbers thrown around for RB this summer with 1 year left, you would think Rom is worth quite a bit more....

Yes you can.

When a player and club enter into a contract they are required to complete what is called form 20. On that form includes full details of the agreed payment schedule for the entirety of the initial contract. It also stipulates the date upon which that contract concludes.In the case of RL that would be 30 June 2019. Based on age and the date that contract was signed the player, the clubs FIFA the FA etc determine when he enters the un protected period of his contract.
If any changes are negotiated whatsoever be it remunreration etc to that original contract a new form 20 is submitted again detailing the amended payment schedule. From that date a new protected period starts.

When a player and club enter into a contract they are required to complete what is called form 20. On that form includes full details of the agreed payment schedule for the entirety of the initial contract. It also stipulates the date upon which that contract concludes.In the case of RL that would be 30 June 2019. Based on age and the date that contract was signed the player, the clubs FIFA the FA etc determine when he enters the un protected period of his contract.
If any changes are negotiated whatsoever be it remunreration etc to that original contract a new form 20 is submitted again detailing the amended payment schedule. From that date a new protected period starts.

And none of that proves your point.

The op suggested that RL would possibly sign a years extension on improved money. In effect a new contract. My point was and still is there is no way based on what has been published he is going to do that.
I read your post as suggesting Lukaku can't extend as opposed to saying he won't.
I agree with your amended argument ... he won't be extending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back