Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem to do the likes of juve,atletico,Seville etc selling a player for big money and then strengthening again,as long as its managed right! Even utd have done it over the years,Beckham van nistelrooy,Ronaldo.

Quite pleased with the club. Selling one striker and replacing him with the money with a 21 year old striker with potential, 24 year old attacking midfielder with leadership qualities and a 23 year old gk with massive potential

That's all I want Everton to do, sell one player big if we need to and sign 2-3 players to improve the squad

You're in for a shock if you think our whole business of a measly 3 signings was based on selling lukaku. You do realise that would mean sandro with dcl as backup as our only striking options?

Isn't that what we've always done? You're still absolutely fine with this despite us having a billionaire owner.

7th again next year eh mate? You down.

Where are the goals coming from mate?

You're in for a shock if you think our whole business of a measly 3 signings was based on selling lukaku. You do realise that would mean sandro with dcl as backup as our only striking options?

I'm not saying that would be it. I really hope it wasn't.

I mean generally swapping one player for 3 ones with high potential. 3 areas of the pitch get additions and although we lose a top goalscorer I hope we went out and signed a direct replacement for him.

It's the principle I'm on about , rather than invest massive (and over pay) for one player in the hope we can emulate the one we sell, instead we buy high potential players where if 2 of the 3 over years reach similar levels then 3 years down the line we swap one top player for 2.

I think this Lukaku Instagram post has been a massive over reaction from some of our fans.

What does frustrate me, not just with Lukaku but also a lot of players these days is the general under appreciation they have playing for clubs like Everton. I think it would be deluded of us to claim we are one of the top clubs in Europe at this moment in time, or one of the current 'Big 6' in England because we haven't been successful for 25-30 years.

But overall we are one of the biggest clubs (top 4/5 in my opinion) in the country and we are 7th in this current era. These players should feel privileged to play for a club of that stature in what is considered by many to be the best league in the world. Clubs like Chelsea may be huge now but it doesn't take away from what we have achieved ourselves. He has shown us a lack of respect in the past when he could have just let his football do the talking and then potentially got his dream move to one of the top English/European sides who can challenge for trophies and play in the CL, which unfortunately we have not been able to offer him yet. Having said that, we have still provided him with the opportunity to showcase his talent in this league and also in the Europa League back in 2015 to which he should be grateful since the club he seems to adore so much did not grant him those same opportunities.

And just regarding the lack of respect for our club by some of these players. If you ask any person of any age from any era, Everton will have always, or nearly always, been relevant to any discussion regarding English football due to our remarkable existence in the top flight. Those around when Football first got started, between the Wars and after, to the last 30 years, will always have seen Everton playing a big part in English Football. The same can't be said of any other club, not one. Not Arsenal who spent their first 11 years as a second division club and got unfairly promoted in 1919 after coming 5th in the second division, not Aston Villa who have spent time in the 3rd tier, and certainly not Chelsea who were playing 2nd Division Football in front of 12,000 in the early 80's, and before the money came in had 1 league title to their name compared to our 9.

Obviously the history means very little to players these days, and I understand that, but it doesn't take away from our stature and the fact that we are still one of the top clubs in this country, who gave him a platform to be the league's top scorer, play in Europe and earn a wage that most people in the World could only dream of.

do you play alot of fifa?
Used to mate.

You write it off as fantasy but signing players Highly rated 24 and under (which we actually have done) is a good business model to improve the squad over time. Considering how average some of our squad is , be nice if instead of Lennon kone and old Barry as options we had decent replacements?

Used to mate.

You write it off as fantasy but signing players Highly rated 24 and under (which we actually have done) is a good business model to improve the squad over time. Considering how average some of our squad is , be nice if instead of Lennon kone and old Barry as options we had decent replacements?
this isnt fifa though mate, you could sign the whole under 21 national team and only 1 or 2 would be quality, and the rest all end up in the championship or scotland. To say that our best player in a very very long time being sold to fund 3 players still developing, 2 of which have never played in england before, is good business, is just insane. I'll go out on a limb here say that, in todays market, a fast, strong, 2 footed, killer finishing 23 year old experienced premier league striker that never gets injured and guarentees 20+ goals a season is worth close to 100 million... wait.!?

Sandro, Pickford and Klassen are just over 50 mil

I'm not saying that would be it. I really hope it wasn't.

I mean generally swapping one player for 3 ones with high potential. 3 areas of the pitch get additions and although we lose a top goalscorer I hope we went out and signed a direct replacement for him.

It's the principle I'm on about , rather than invest massive (and over pay) for one player in the hope we can emulate the one we sell, instead we buy high potential players where if 2 of the 3 over years reach similar levels then 3 years down the line we swap one top player for 2.

It's a bit too much like moneyball for me. I would prefer it if we didn't turn into Liverpool for example who are too small to keep hold of their best players, they're not improving, they're stagnating.

this isnt fifa though mate, you could sign the whole under 21 national team and only 1 or 2 would be quality, and the rest all end up in the championship or scotland. To say that our best player in a very very long time being sold to fund 3 players still developing, 2 of which have never played in england before, is good business, is just insane. I'll go out on a limb here say that, in todays market, a fast, strong, 2 footed, killer finishing 23 year old experienced premier league striker that never gets injured and guarentees 20+ goals a season is worth close to 100 million... wait.!?

Sandro, Pickford and Klassen are just over 50 mil

So we still have money left over right? enough to go out and buy a striker to replace lukaku? The other 3 are simply investments.

The thing is I am not advocating every player be young with potential, but to do that every summer especially if we are selling a player for big money. We so need experienced players in as Well, but if every summer we spent 50 million signing 3 players with potential then even if one of them work out then it's good business rather than sign your bolasie type players who will be over priced.

It's a bit too much like moneyball for me. I would prefer it if we didn't turn into Liverpool for example who are too small to keep hold of their best players, they're not improving, they're stagnating.

We are too small to keep hold of our best players though mate. Our best player has sounded off every time he has been away and even told everyone he is leaving last month. The club did nothing about it, why is that?

You have to be realistic sometimes and we are not at the level that the likes of lukaku want to be at nor would similar players want to join at. But these three players come in and click if they have been scouted all season then that is 3 areas of the pitch that have options in now. My thought process does include the club scouting players all year rather than going for flavour of the month players come the end of the season

Good point.
He is being a right melt.
He wants CL football. He wont get it here.

He's given us 4 seasons laden with goals.

He'll leave and hand us our summer spending in one fell swoop.

How on earth do you find fault with that?

You'll call him names but probably reserve the right to call an utter talentless clown like Naismith a great servant

Lukaku to be a dud by the time he is 28. He is in his 8th year of profesional football this season and footballers shelf life is about 12 years, wont be worth that money in 3 years time at chelsea.
They will always be looking to improve on him if they can

He wants CL football. He wont get it here.

He's given us 4 seasons laden with goals.

He'll leave and hand us our summer spending in one fell swoop.

How on earth do you find fault with that?

You'll call him names but probably reserve the right to call an utter talentless clown like Naismith a great servant

We have already spent it.

And have an offer on the table for him.

And no one has bid one red cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back