Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way anyone could get a tune out of Naismith was to give him a free role - and then he'd get a goal for you every 8 games or something.

No decent team can afford a passenger like that. That's why he was sold.
But he got 3 in 1 ??
Was then dropped onto the bench or the wing..hardly a fair comparison

But he got 3 in 1 ??
Was then dropped onto the bench or the wing..hardly a fair comparison

His first season though. Honest to God, I dont think he controlled a pass or played a straight one.

It was the most complete buffoon's season performance. If someone had told me it'd been a hoax purchase I'd have believed them.

It's not fine at all Dave but they do not want to play for us.
That's down to what happened last summer for Lukaku (no ambition) and what happened this season for Barkley (no respect).

I wont condemn them on those grounds. They're right to do what they wish to do on a personal level.

"Money to spend" + '"It's not about net spend" = we're pretty much recycling player sales again.

Nothing fundamentally will have changed at the end of August. We'll still have the same old model and people making excuses for it.
Do you think if Barkley and Lukaku put pen to paper tomorrow that would be the end of our spending??

Technically, him and Claus Thomsen and Brett Angel were stable mates.
Don't usually reply to you but I can't let that pass, those two you mentioned should never have been allowed on to play professional football nevermind play for Everton, I and many other blues who have watched Everton as long as I have could name you dozens of players who were far worst than Niasmith and by a country mile.

Do you think if Barkley and Lukaku put pen to paper tomorrow that would be the end of our spending??
Pretty much. Then others not in line to have been sold this summer would be (Mirallas, Mori, Galloway) on top of those who probably will be...and the January would see a possible deal for Lukaku/Barkley pushed through.

That's just the way it is.

Moshiri will make no difference to our model.

That's down to what happened last summer for Lukaku (no ambition) and what happened this season for Barkley (no respect).

I wont condemn them on those grounds. They're right to do what they wish to do on a personal level.

Rubbish Dave, rubbish.

What the Manager is obviously looking for is consistency, and he did not get it from either of those two. There were times last season when it was apparent Lukaku couldn't be bothered, and Barkley's work rate was basically little or nothing. The reason the RS finished higher than us last season was because they had bang average players who worked their socks off time and time and time again for their cause. If Barkley can't be bothered to put a shift in on a regular basis (i.e. week-in, week-out), then get someone on the pitch who will. No place for sentiment...

Don't usually reply to you but I can't let that pass, those two you mentioned should never have been allowed on to play professional football nevermind play for Everton, I and many other blues who have watched Everton as long as I have could name you dozens of players who were far worst than Niasmith and by a country mile.
...at the end of the day it doesn't matter where he was in the pecking order of rankness. He was rank, whatever his place in the line.

Rubbish Dave, rubbish.

What the Manager is obviously looking for is consistency, and he did not get it from either of those two. There were times last season when it was apparent Lukaku couldn't be bothered, and Barkley's work rate was basically little or nothing. The reason the RS finished higher than us last season was because they had bang average players who worked their socks off time and time and time again for their cause. If Barkley can't be bothered to put a shift in on a regular basis (i.e. week-in, week-out), then get someone on the pitch who will. No place for sentiment...
Lol. The 24 goal striker couldn't be arsed. And the player said by most (before he wouldn't sign his contract) to have improved his workrate under Koeman did the exact opposite?

Ok.

The only way anyone could get a tune out of Naismith was to give him a free role - and then he'd get a goal for you every 8 games or something.

No decent team can afford a passenger like that. That's why he was sold.
Naismith was actually a really good finisher inside the box. He was absolutely abysmal at every other aspect of football, and it was maddening. He couldn't shoot, pass or control the ball whatsoever. How he managed to find his boots inside the 18 is beyond me.

Naismith was actually a really good finisher inside the box. He was absolutely abysmal at every other aspect of football, and it was maddening. He couldn't shoot, pass or control the ball whatsoever. How he managed to find his boots inside the 18 is beyond me.
He was just a goal hanger all game. If you have no other task you'll get a goal or two.

His first season though. Honest to God, I dont think he controlled a pass or played a straight one.

It was the most complete buffoon's season performance. If someone had told me it'd been a hoax purchase I'd have believed them.

He was never really given his proper position since though, I can't help it but I love a hard worker..Actually His spirit may have returned with Klassen...I genuinely loved Naisy's work ethic.....We are now looking for pressers and aggressors ..He would have fit right in and cost nowt.
Anyways....I am done arguing his case..I know I am probably alone...Actually make that totally alone :confused:

He was never really given his proper position since though, I can't help it but I love a hard worker..Actually His spirit may have returned with Klassen...I genuinely loved Naisy's work ethic.....We are now looking for pressers and aggressors ..He would have fit right in and cost nowt.
Anyways....I am done arguing his case..I know I am probably alone...Actually make that totally alone :confused:
The spectre of a Klaasmith is a terrifying one.

Thanks mate, we'll all sleep easily tonight. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back