Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEA about the PL, tbh.

But two losses (which they almost certainly would be without him purely down to how good his hold up play has been lately) is massive. As I've said, he got a nasty kick and I think it was more of a shock injury. His mobility for his goal was fine, it was just when he put pressure on his ankle that it flared up again.

Get him recovered tomorrow and I'd send him off to the sun for the weekend (same with Cleverley, Coleman and the other injured players). Get them back in fresh Monday and see where he is by Wednesday morning.

If there is any doubt he isn't fully fit, then don't risk him.

But two losses (which they almost certainly would be without him purely down to how good his hold up play has been lately) is massive. As I've said, he got a nasty kick and I think it was more of a shock injury. His mobility for his goal was fine, it was just when he put pressure on his ankle that it flared up again.

Get him recovered tomorrow and I'd send him off to the sun for the weekend (same with Cleverley, Coleman and the other injured players). Get them back in fresh Monday and see where he is by Wednesday morning.
Sounds like Cleverley and Lukaku wont be too long out *crosses fingers*. Coleman looks like a longer one. We can get around Seamus not being there though.

Sounds like Cleverley and Lukaku wont be too long out *crosses fingers*. Coleman looks like a longer one. We can get around Seamus not being there though.

Yeh RM has confirmed as much. Coleman looking at 3-4 weeks out, so he needs to be the focus for getting fit for the second leg.

Hopefully, Rom and Clev will at least be able to make the squad for Citeh away next week, and both be fully fit for Chelsea.

I get your point about focusing on the cup, but we need to build up momentum again.

I'd imagine Holgate or Pennington will get a game this weekend (tbh I think he was always going to) and we'll see Stones shifted over to RB for the league games. I'd seriously consider getting Byram in though - although there's always no guarantee he would settle in immediately.

I'd imagine Holgate or Pennington will get a game this weekend (tbh I think he was always going to) and we'll see Stones shifted over to RB for the league games. I'd seriously consider getting Byram in though - although there's always no guarantee he would settle in immediately.

Almost certainly, unless Galloway can do something over on the right. Happy with that though. It looks solid.

Can I be the first to suggest he be made club Captain next season. His presence and leadership is there for all to see.

Can't think of another player who would represent our club as well as Romelu.
I'm a fan of the armband being used as a motivation tool to take players to a next level and drag others with, much like kendall used it, rather than just handing it to most senior player

make him vice-captain asap.

Also he's boss, and he will possibly score 30 goals all in all this season.

Also send him on a spa weekend now ;)

Can I be the first to suggest he be made club Captain next season. His presence and leadership is there for all to see.

Can't think of another player who would represent our club as well as Romelu.

Sadly he'll be one of the most sought after strikers in world football in the summer.

Its not a position I'd favor for a captain either but understand the sentiment, just praying now he's OK for next Wednesday, if he's in anyway not don't chance him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back