Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not answered, would people really want him as captain when more than likely he'll be off as soon as a PSG or such like stump up the mental amount of cash?

Still not answered, would people really want him as captain when more than likely he'll be off as soon as a PSG or such like stump up the mental amount of cash?

I guess part is the hope ti will maybe keep him a little longer at the club being given an extra amount of responsibility and trust mate, maybe another part is that as a Captain maybe some of him will rub off on the others and it will push the entire team up a level.

Suppose its the same situation most clubs have though, do you actually avoid giving the captaincy to one of the best players who seems suited to it due to the fact they will be the most in demand to other teams, that way you will end up with so called journeymen constantly wearing it

Of course Lukaku will be off in the future.

Name any other striker that isn't at barca/real who is proving to consistently score 20+ goals every single year? Or better yet a 1 in 2 average, at his age as well?

Could imagine there would be a bidding war to get him to their club. Either way 50+ million will be the eventual fee.

Could totally see Real wanting him. He's that good.

So can I... but maybe not just yet. It may be different under Zidane, of course, but if Benzema leaves, I think their first port of call will be Aguero or perhaps even Lewandowski.

If Rom bags 30 this season though and tears up the Euros, it may be a different story. But our valuation if so will be in excess of £50mil, which means that it narrows it down to clubs who would pay that money:

- United
- City
- Chelsea (they could pay that, but would they take that hit?)
- Real
- Barca
- PSG

Bayern rarely spend that big and would only need a forward if Lewandowski left. PSG have the spending power but it depends whether Rom would want to take the step down in quality in terms of the league he plays in, but then be guaranteed a huge wage and Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back