Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha, I personally prefer defenders/midfielders as captain.

Alan Shearer was a very effective Captain for club and country. I'd wager Lukaku would become an even greater leader than Shearer was for Newcastle, and if he stayed in the Premier League throughout his career likely to beat his record. .

Alan Shearer was a very effective Captain for club and country. I'd wager Lukaku would become an even greater leader than Shearer was for Newcastle, and if he stayed in the Premier League throughout his career likely to beat his record. .

He was the first person I thought when I was thinking of forwards as captain - however at that time i'd have had Tony Adams as captain personally.

As for Shearer he probably said 'armband or I don't play', like he did with the kicking Lennon in the face fiasco (I despise Shearer btw, dirty, snide player with the protection of the FA - a bit like Gerrard)

As for Shearer he probably said 'armband or I don't play', like he did with the kicking Lennon in the face fiasco (I despise Shearer btw, dirty, snide player with the protection of the FA - a bit like Gerrard)

I too dislike Shearer, however undoubtedly he was a good Captain for Newcastle at least.

Hopefully he can fire us to our first trophy in 21 years before inevitably leaving this summer.

Wouldn't hold anything against him if it played out like that, in-fact id consider him an absolute don for life.

I think he'd make a fine captain, but I don't think it sends a good message to strip Jagielka of the position. I also think Barry is the obvious choice for vice-captain. In two years, if they're still here, I could easily see Stones and/or Lukaku given the positions, though.

Liked the suggestion at first but after thinking about it, no point giving him added pressure by being captain. Last season when Spurs made Kane captain it seemed to be a very strange decision and he went right off the boil.

He's scoring for fun right now, just let him do his thang.

Just praying the injury isn't bad.

No shame in being reliant on your big money striker (City are reliant on Aguero and they've spunked 100s of millions on other attacking players), but boy are we reliant on him.

Just praying the injury isn't bad.

No shame in being reliant on your big money striker (City are reliant on Aguero and they've spunked 100s of millions on other attacking players), but boy are we reliant on him.
Blessing in disguise. Gets proper rest before Etihad trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back