Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be the first to suggest he be made club Captain next season. His presence and leadership is there for all to see.

Can't think of another player who would represent our club as well as Romelu.

Really like the idea, but can't help think it won't be enough to convince him to stay. He's simply unplayable at the moment.

Can I be the first to suggest he be made club Captain next season. His presence and leadership is there for all to see.

Excellent idea, this and a bumper new contract.
His agent has been very quiet so far in this window!

Like I said previously with the new TV deal we are flush with cash.

Get Hibbert, Gibson and mcgeady off the books and that's about 90k off the wage books.

Give it mostly all to Rom in a new deal 150k a week.

Not a fan of this idea. Just let him play his football, although he's a strong character I don't think he needs the armband just yet.

A bit like Amla with the Saffers?

Not a fan of this idea. Just let him play his football, although he's a strong character I don't think he needs the armband just yet.

A bit like Amla with the Saffers?

as a Saffer...i couldnt agree more. one of the best players. but not a thinker and not a leader.

the ONLY benefit would be to trick him into leading the club, and hopefully he would stay a while longer.

In theory it's a great idea.

But I have doubts that if a huge club came in for him he'd be off. And that's no slate on him at all. He's good enough to play for anyone.

Just not that keen on the captain being someone using us a stepping stone.

as a Saffer...i couldnt agree more. one of the best players. but not a thinker and not a leader.

the ONLY benefit would be to trick him into leading the club, and hopefully he would stay a while longer.

Wow, that's some claim.

He's recognised as one of the biggest students of football, spending huge amounts of time studying the game. He speaks 6 languages fluently. When interviewed he speaks intelligently and is articulate.

As for his leadership abilities he's almost singlehandedly driven our side throughout the season.

Like Alan Shearer, he's a player who thrives on responsibility, I think he would be a tremendous Captain.

Wow, that's some claim.

He's recognised as one of the biggest students of football, spending huge amounts of time studying the game. He speaks 6 languages fluently. When interviewed he speaks intelligently and is articulate.

As for his leadership abilities he's almost singlehandedly driven our side throughout the season.

Like Alan Shearer, he's a player who thrives on responsibility, I think he would be a tremendous Captain.

For me mate just watch him in a game and how often he is talking to those around him - even yesterday having a word with Kone when he came on - obviously passing on how to play against the cb's. Bloke looks every bit someone who could take on the responsibility and thrive with it

Never also underestimate the will to win being a vital part of what makes a good captain, it's something Lukaku has in absolute tons

This is a great point, he's a total winner, how good to have that type of character leading the team.

Like him or love him, Jags just doesn't have that same mentality as say a Lukaku does, call it him being more realistic or call it a legacy of being in the knives to gunfights Everton set-up, Lukaku goes into every game expecting and pretty much demanding we should win it, a very rare ability to have.

Even in interviews can be seen, Jagielka will talk about what they hope to achieve what they may be able to do etc, Lukaku states they are good enough they should achieve this etc, a difference in language that reveals a lot about the mind set of the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back