Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, the "not really an option" comment is gonna cost somebody a LOT of money or means he doesnt get his "dream move", so well done Rom, good job fam.
It's shows Riola's limitations as an agent imo. Fella negotiates with a brick when a handshake would work just as well. There was always going to be some push back the way they've gone on.

He'll still go though imo.

Honestly, i think it would be impossible to sign him had he signed a new contract, it would put you guys in an even stronger position, and i think you would simply refuse to sell him at any price. If you dont sell him now, you may have to face selling him for alot less next summer as he would only have a year left on his current deal, or even risk losing him for free, and honestly, business wise, thats not a smart approach. Thats just my 2 cents though, i could be wrong
I see your point. But, if he'd signed a contract extension with a £60m to £65m release clause. He would have gone this summer for that price. So, if he stays and then goes next summer I'd assume we'd still get about £40m next summer. So in effect it would cost us about an estimated £20m to £25m to keep him for another season. Worth it if you look at it that way I'd say. Reality is that he hasn't signed an extension. So the trade off is that we drive the price this summer. Not so, next summer if he stays.
Think he'll go this summer on favourable terms for us.

It's shows Riola's limitations as an agent imo. Fella negotiates with a brick when a handshake would work just as well. There was always going to be some push back the way they've gone on.

He'll still go though imo.

He wont go anywhere if Conte and Jose dont fancy him, but if either do, they will get the deal done, 1 way or the other.

How do you know he hasnt done that?
Everton are not obliged to sell him, whether Chelsea is his boyhood club or not, you guys are only looking after yourselves, nothing wrong with that. But history shows that, if a player publicly agitates for a move, his club will sell him. Its not the prettiest tactic, but its very effective, Lukaku is probably using that as his last resort to move
He's been after a move the day he walked through the door mate.

How do you know he hasnt done that?
Everton are not obliged to sell him, whether Chelsea is his boyhood club or not, you guys are only looking after yourselves, nothing wrong with that. But history shows that, if a player publicly agitates for a move, his club will sell him. Its not the prettiest tactic, but its very effective, Lukaku is probably using that as his last resort to move
Does Farhad look arsed?

Farhad-Moshiri.jpg

I see your point. But, if he'd signed a contract extension with a £60m to £65m release clause. He would have gone this summer for that price. So, if he stays and then goes next summer I'd assume we'd still get about £40m next summer. So in effect it would cost us about an estimated £20m to £25m to keep him for another season. Worth it if you look at it that way I'd say. Reality is that he hasn't signed an extension. So the trade off is that we drive the price this summer. Not so, next summer if he stays.
Think he'll go this summer on favourable terms for us.
But why would Everton accept such a low release clause? You guys would be paying him more, and you would still lose him in the summer, only this time, you would make a smaller profit, from Everton's perspective it just doesnt make any sense, either sign a new contract with a huge release clause( protect your interest) or dont sign a new contract and let the two clubs negotiate, Lukaku has chosen the latter

But why would Everton accept such a low release clause? You guys would be paying him more, and you would still lose him in the summer, only this time, you would make a smaller profit, from Everton's perspective it just doesnt make any sense, either sign a new contract with a huge release clause( protect your interest) or dont sign a new contract and let the two clubs negotiate, Lukaku has chosen the latter
Everton chose the latter mert.

Well nobody knows if there was such a 'low' release clause (just rumoured to be £60m to £65m). It may just have been hearsay. So I agree that it makes no (and made no) sense to agree to such a clause on Evertons part at that time in negotiations. Hence why it was said Rom wouldn't sign an extension either. We were said to want too high a release clause for his liking. Maybe he already knew (via his agent) that £65m offer would be incoming. Who knows.
So now we're said to have put a premium on his sale price this summer. Of course its all speculation. All parties (at this stage) want the best deal possible. We can play hard ball to an extent for a a while longer yet, if needs be. Compromise will ultimately be reached.

He wont go anywhere if Conte and Jose dont fancy him, but if either do, they will get the deal done, 1 way or the other.

and the more business we are doing, the more the pressure cranks up on every single other team in the league (besides city) to get deals done mate, being first actually means you start setting the agenda and actually wet willying other clubs via their fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back