Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would Everton accept such a low release clause? You guys would be paying him more, and you would still lose him in the summer, only this time, you would make a smaller profit, from Everton's perspective it just doesnt make any sense, either sign a new contract with a huge release clause( protect your interest) or dont sign a new contract and let the two clubs negotiate, Lukaku has chosen the latter

It's not necessarily about the money - at our current point we won't be signing a player anywhere near as good as or better than him so he's probably worth more to us on the pitch than in a transfer fee right now

Well nobody knows if there was such a 'low' release clause (just rumoured to be £60m to £65m). It may just have been hearsay. So I agree that it makes no (and made no) sense to agree to such a clause on Evertons part at that time in negotiations. Hence why it was said Rom wouldn't sign an extension either. We were said to want too high a release clause for his liking. Maybe he already knew (via his agent) that £65m offer would be incoming. Who knows.
So now we're said to have put a premium on his sale price this summer. Of course its all speculation. All parties (at this stage) want the best deal possible. We can play hard ball to an extent for a a while longer yet, if needs be. Compromise will ultimately be reached.
Yup, but i get the feeling that this saga might be coming to an end, i think that Chelsea will try to speed up the deal now that pre-season is nearly here for both of us,whether we budge and decide to pay the 100M asked remains to be seen,although i honestly think that you guys will meet us halfway through.
But there is an unusual situation this window, a lot of good striker are actually available, that's something that i haven't seen in a while, should you decide to sell him, i'm sure Everton wont have to many problems in finding a replacement

It's not necessarily about the money - at our current point we won't be signing a player anywhere near as good as or better than him so he's probably worth more to us on the pitch than in a transfer fee right now
That's true, but agreeing to a release clause would actually pave the way for his exit. You would end up with less money and still lose Lukaku

Yup, but i get the feeling that this saga might be coming to an end, i think that Chelsea will try to speed up the deal now that pre-season is nearly here for both of us,whether we budge and decide to pay the 100M asked remains to be seen,although i honestly think that you guys will meet us halfway through.
But there is an unusual situation this window, a lot of good striker are actually available, that's something that i haven't seen in a while, should you decide to sell him, i'm sure Everton wont have to many problems in finding a replacement
Well its always better to get players in before pre-season starts (or at least before the frendlies start). We've failed at that for years. Not so this time and its promising.
So, if Chelsea really want him, and want him right now, there's a premium to pay. Interesting negotiations no doubt. Think he'll end up at Chelsea in the end.

No club would pay 50M for a player that has only 1 year left on his contract, and still, 40-50M is alot less than 80M+. Besides, i dont think alot of clubs would be after him, as pretty much all the top clubs will have their striking positions sorted. It does put Lukaku on a stronger psition though, as a smaller transfer fee would give him leverage to negotiate a bigger signing on fee and better wages with his new club
That's literally going to happen this year with Alexis Sancez, you know that right? If Wenger wasn't so against selling to another prem team he would already be at Man City.

unless chelsea pays a ridiculous amount like 100m then i think we shouldnt sell him-even if it means selling him for far less next summer, i think it would still be worth it.

the new transfers + lukaku can get this team a CL spot, and thats also a lot of money.

so i say lets use him for our own good for a year and then sell him if he still wants to leave.

unless chelsea pays a ridiculous amount like 100m then i think we shouldnt sell him-even if it means selling him for far less next summer, i think it would still be worth it.

the new transfers + lukaku can get this team a CL spot.

so i say lets use him for our own good for a year and then sell him if he still wants to leave.

Problem is we miss out on the likes of Giroud then when we get shot next season we might not be able to get in a possible replacement good enough.

Personally I think Rom would be half arsed next season as he'll know with only 12 months left on his deal he'll still attract suitors. I don't want the lad anywhere near GP if he isn't committed.

That's literally going to happen this year with Alexis Sancez, you know that right? If Wenger wasn't so against selling to another prem team he would already be at Man City.
He wont move to Man City, i am positive of that. However, Alexis is in ridiculously high demand, there wont be another chance to sign him, hence his high price even though he has only one year left,although i am seeing alot of reports about other clubs budging on Arsenal's valuation, even though it's Alexis.

Reactions: msb

Problem is we miss out on the likes of Giroud then when we get shot next season we might not be able to get in a possible replacement good enough.

Personally I think Rom would be half arsed next season as he'll know with only 12 months left on his deal he'll still attract suitors. I don't want the lad anywhere near GP if he isn't committed.
It's World Cup year. No way he is going to be half arsed.

FYI, i think you guys will get Top 4 next season in place of United or Liverpool regardless of keeping Lukaku or not, you guys made some good business so far

It's World Cup year. No way he is going to be half arsed.

He's a shoe in for the WC regardless. Benteke isn't out scoring him and Batshuyai will be sat on Chelseas bench most of the season.

I can't stand the lad anymore if he doesn't want to be here then traaaaa same as Boyhood Blue Ross (although I think he'll stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back