Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering why nobody seems to be trying to lure Harry Kane from Spuds given that they pay gash wages.

They actually dont.

Its one of modern footballs myths that.

They pay well, but have massive incentive based bonuses on top as well.

He wont move to Man City, i am positive of that. However, Alexis is in ridiculously high demand, there wont be another chance to sign him, hence his high price even though he has only one year left,although i am seeing alot of reports about other clubs budging on Arsenal's valuation, even though it's Alexis.
You and I both know that someone is going to pay that money. PSG, Bayern, etc. It's about whether the player wants the move. And I could definitely see him going to Man City. Wenger has a record for putting up a stink about this but you see Van Persie, Nasri, Adebayor ...

Problem is we miss out on the likes of Giroud then when we get shot next season we might not be able to get in a possible replacement good enough.

Personally I think Rom would be half arsed next season as he'll know with only 12 months left on his deal he'll still attract suitors. I don't want the lad anywhere near GP if he isn't committed.

his potential replacement is already added to the squad and thats Sandro.
if Lukaku does insists to leave next summer, then Sandro and a decent addition like him would be enough i think.

I dont believe Lukaku would be a liability to us if he stays.

even if he doesnt care about Everton he certainly cares about his own future wages and value..
scoring 25 or 10 goals for Everton would have a great deal of effect for him financially during his wage negotiations with other clubs.

so;

he leaves for super amount like 100m, thats a great deal

he stays, becomes a part of the new squad and scores a lot (to get a good deal next season) helps Everton securing a european spot, then eventually leaves for less money, still a good deal.

He was'nt dancing in a Man Utd shirt?

A man in a United shirt was dancing next to him.
OK, maybe he wasn't dancing, but he still wearing the shirt (and I meant flat track bully by the way )
Its like chinese whisper this.

OK, perhaps he wasn't dancing, but he was still wearing the shirt (and I meant flat-track bully by the way)

Rom's biggest enemy is the EPL premium.

Because Rom is a proven EPL performer, his price rockets. See Gylfi & Bolasie as other examples. It comes down to how much the buying club value that. Anyone buying Rom for £100m is surely only going to be disappointed, as he certainly doesn't play like a player worth that value.

Rom's biggest enemy is the EPL premium.

Because Rom is a proven EPL performer, his price rockets. See Gylfi & Bolasie as other examples. It comes down to how much the buying club value that. Anyone buying Rom for £100m is surely only going to be disappointed, as he certainly doesn't play like a player worth that value.
Do you think he will win more games for his club than Pogba?

On the few occasions I've seen Pogba play, he wouldn't be on my wishlist, certainly not for £89m. Of course if Utd come calling, then you're going to up the price. I think Pogba is more important to Utd than what Rom would be in the Chelsea side, so I'll say no, I don't think he will win more games for his team.

If you had £100m to spend on a striker, would you buy Rom?

he probably does if you're talking about scoring as the only important thing yes, but he's a selfish player and no doubt part of the reason our other forwards scored so few...not all his fault of course but he whinges at every missed attempt by someone else and tries from stupid angles himself at times also...he scores yes but the team pay for it and he thinks he's better than them all...He's bad for team spirit and I'm sick of him...if he's here I'll support him of course but not bothered...reckon the whole team would enjoy the positivity of playing with people who are glad to be at Everton and believe in the ambition

Dunno if anyone else agrees, but surely Rom is watching out transfers and probably thinking to himself that staying at least for another season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Dunno if anyone else agrees, but surely Rom is watching out transfers and probably thinking to himself that staying at least for another season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
It's in the back of my mind. But surely he's off.

When are Chelsea announcing their new kit and Rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back