Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let me ask you. Say you are a top striker somewhere and you see the Everton Football Club has just sold Luksku and Stones and has money to spend.
Would you come to this mid table team as a top player when they come knocking?

They might believe Martinez can develop them into a player like lukaku and stones. Most players will see us as a stop gap before their next big move. Most ambitious players want to play for clubs in the CL where Ronaldo and Messi play.

Not sure it works like that mate. Stones and Lukaku weren't what they are now when they joined.
A mid table team that sells its best players is an attractive proposition?
I'd rather keep them over the money received for them and build on our squad. More ambitious a decision that would be. If I was a striker I would contemplate going to Everton to play alongside Lukaku. To replace him and next to Kone? Nope.

I'd rather keep them over the money received for them and build on our squad. More ambitious a decision that would be. If I was a striker I would contemplate going to Everton to play alongside Lukaku. To replace him and next to Kone? Nope.
Eh depends on a few factors really. If rom or stones(again) kicks up a fuss, who they might get sold to and for how much. Obviously they're both a decent long term deals so we don't have to sell and I'd hope we do everything we can to keep them here. That being said 60m from barca for Stones doesn't make us a "selling club". United sold ronaldo to real, is Utd a selling club? Unfortunately with the way football is right now unless you're real,barca, bayern, and maybe psg/city. .everyone's a "selling club"

I'm worried that figure isn't going to put clubs off. Think Manu would pay £65m in a heartbeat in the summer. His age could make that a bargain. The way prices are going he could be worth £100m in 3/4 years.

If you think we'd just go out and buy exact replicas of Stones and Lukaku as they are now then you don't know how Everton work and have worked for ages.

We bought Rom and Stones as potential (admittedly Rom was a sure thing after his loan) but we generally don't go out and buy players like they are now off the bat. We get them while they are developing.

So yes. We are an attractive proposition for players who want to develop. That's obvious.

I'm worried that figure isn't going to put clubs off. Think Manu would pay £65m in a heartbeat in the summer. His age could make that a bargain. The way prices are going he could be worth £100m in 3/4 years.
Can't see us selling to another prem club. I'm mainly worried about psg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back