Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No guarantee Finners. I'm 50/50 on it but if we can somehow get Europe/win a trophy then we've got him for another year I think.

His contract situation is good thats not a problem. I just think that he's so special player that there will be several top clubs after him....clubs wich can pay what we ask. His agent and Rom himself have flirted with departure before.

But..like you said...trophy could persuade him to stay. Ive said since the beginning of the season that we'll get one this season. Who knows what happends.

Some ace stuff in this thread and it's only from five months ago.

I made a Lukaku Excuse Bingo Card for this thread in my head before the season started. One game in and I'm nearly ready to call full house.

Quelle surprise.

A top manager would have him hitting 25 league goals a season no question.

Might we have a top manager?

Wow.

Doesn't change the fact that he had a partner at West Brom.

I agree that he suits a counter-attacking system, so I don't know why Martinez saw fit to spend £28m on him.

Because he may attract bids worth double that sometime soon?

Because he was rubbish @chicoazul - and he's been incredible since, which I've also said.

Why are you so horrified at people talking about what's in front of their own eyes? Do people have to have one beige opinion and never deviate from it to placate you?

Maybe, yeah. I still don't think he gets a game at the sort of club that pays £60m for one player, but you never know.

To be honest, I don't mind what happens as long as he keeps banging them in for my Newcastle team on Fifa.

I'm not convinced mate. It's him or Stones, definitely, but I don't think we'll sell both. As I said, if we win something I think he may stay for one more year. He won't be here after August 2017 though.

Why would he stay if we win a trophy? You've already won the trophy.

If we got top 4 he may stay because you then have Champions League football and that's where he wants to play. He's done the Europa, he wants Champions League and he's easily good enough to play for a top side in that competition and one competing for Domestic leagues.

Because he was rubbish @chicoazul - and he's been incredible since, which I've also said.

Why are you so horrified at people talking about what's in front of their own eyes? Do people have to have one beige opinion and never deviate from it to placate you?
He clearly wasn't rubbish though, and we tried telling you but you'd watched too much Robbie Savage.

I just hope next time you'll show a little more restraint and consider the beige approach as, you know, players develop.

he was never going to be here more than a few years.... well not unless he was a total flop. When he goes (and i'm hopeful we may get another season out of him) we will at least double our money. I'm just going to enjoy having him here whilst i can.

Why would he stay if we win a trophy? You've already won the trophy.

If we got top 4 he may stay because you then have Champions League football and that's where he wants to play. He's done the Europa, he wants Champions League and he's easily good enough to play for a top side in that competition and one competing for Domestic leagues.

My thought on the trophy side is that if a player tastes success then he may be able to be convinced to stay and try and build on that, as with a trophy success we could attract better players to play alongside him and hopefully go on to challenge for CL qualification.

As for the bit in bold, I agree, but the main point is that there are relatively very few clubs who could afford him.

In the prem -
Chelsea - if they sell Hazard, but would he go back there, would they take the hit and will they be in the CL - it's doubtful.
City - Unless Aguero goes then probably not as he wouldn't be first choice - unless Pep comes in and plays 4-4-2...
Arsenal - I think he'd be perfect for them, but would Arsene pay £65mil for one player...
United - They need a forward, depends on who is their manager (Mourinho if he's there will not get take him). They obviously have the money though.

Abroad
PSG - Think he's most likely to join them. He'd waltz the French league and be able to compete on the CL front.
Real - They have a transfer ban coming up so may look to get him in this summer.
Barca - Not gonna get in ahead of any of the players they have up top.
Bayern - With PSG i'd say it's the most likely possibility.

So that's 8 sides (realistically 7 discounting Chelsea) that could make a move for him. I think a lot depends on the Euros as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back