Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think we'd just go out and buy exact replicas of Stones and Lukaku as they are now then you don't know how Everton work and have worked for ages.

We bought Rom and Stones as potential (admittedly Rom was a sure thing after his loan) but we generally don't go out and buy players like they are now off the bat. We get them while they are developing.

So yes. We are an attractive proposition for players who want to develop. That's obvious.
So we stay that same TrueBlueHoldings Everton even with new owners and money to spend then? When do we stop that cycle?

65 million for lukaku is a huge sum. More then double we paid for him.
50 million for Stones is huge as well

We have to remember tho these players might want to leave and holding them against their wishes could backfire and put off young players signing long term contracts as they might get a good offer i the future. The only way to keep them happy is to sign two high quality players who can show them the club mean business and we will win stuff. If not then I expect Martinez to find suitable replacements with the money

65 million for lukaku is a huge sum. More then double we paid for him.
50 million for Stones is huge as well

We have to remember tho these players might want to leave and holding them against their wishes could backfire and put off young players signing long term contracts as they might get a good offer i the future. The only way to keep them happy is to sign two high quality players who can show them the club mean business and we will win stuff. If not then I expect Martinez to find suitable replacements with the money

Said it for a few weeks, we could easily have a £100mill kitty by summer next season as I don't think either of Stones or Rom will be here.

Not surprised United are rumoured. They need a striker.

£65mil is a fair valuation I'd say.

It's not us saying he's for sale, it's probably just our valuation we've put on a 22 year old with a superb goal-scoring record who's been a monster so far this season, who has three years left on his current deal (which sees him be our highest earner) and we shipped out a huge fee for ourselves.

Let me stress, I in no way want him to leave in the summer, and I'm actually hopeful he may stay until summer 2017 (but that depends entirely on how the next few months pan out).

I do believe that it will be one of him or Stones who leaves though.

The problem with selling Rom is that no amount of money will be able to replace him. There's not really anyone quite like him and certainly no one of his calibre we could attract. We'd have to invest in another young forward and try to repeat the same success.

Stones is more replaceable. Though I actually think he's an even rarer asset, I don't think we'd suffer as much having say, Jags/Funes Mori as we would keeping him and losing Rom.

That said, I'd rather, you know, keep our best players. All of them....

Sell Barkley, Stones & Rom for 300 million and build a lovely shiny new stadium and then we could end up challenging the likes of West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back