Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would keeping a manager who is failing to get this team into the top half of the table (let alone anywhere near champions league football) be an admission that we are not trying?....

Rom & Stones leaving in the summer will simply be a good business deal....the transfer fees will be huge, and both players will want to leave (we're 12th FFS!)....
The season isn't over and a win brings us to within 5 points of 5th. Do you really see no light at the end of your tunnel?

This man will be the decisive factor tomorrow. Either we see him slotting with a smile on his face or we'll see him looking all murky and frustrated. 4-0 or 1-1

Would keeping a manager who is failing to get this team into the top half of the table (let alone anywhere near champions league football) be an admission that we are not trying?....

Rom & Stones leaving in the summer will simply be a good business deal....the transfer fees will be huge, and both players will want to leave (we're 12th FFS!)....

We'll not be 12 at the end of the season !!!!

The season isn't over and a win brings us to within 5 points of 5th. Do you really see no light at the end of your tunnel?

5th place is worthless....we're 13 points off 4th, and 18 points behind Leicester....

We should be top 4 right not, not thinking a win tomorrow puts us 5 points behind 5th spot....

We have the best striker in the league...we have one of the best squads in years, and yet we've only one 6 of 22 league games this season.....that's ridiculous....

I like the way Martinez tries to play, its great to watch....but it's better for neutrals to watch.....he's too stubborn for his own good, and continuously fails to address the problems we have defensively....

He is a match winner, a complete striker and goalscorer, The best I've seen in my lifetime. Andy Gray was my first hero, a warrior but nothing on Rom. Linekar was the ultimate predator and unreal in the box but his ability as a footballer was limited.

Cottee a lite version of Linekar. Beardsley was a sublime footballer but not an out and out scorer like Rom. Duncan was Duncan, a hero like Gray. Yak could score, but lacked heart after a while.

I stand by it, best complete Striker in my lifetime.

5th place is worthless....we're 13 points off 4th, and 18 points behind Leicester....

We should be top 4 right not, not thinking a win tomorrow puts us 5 points behind 5th spot....

We have the best striker in the league...we have one of the best squads in years, and yet we've only one 6 of 22 league games this season.....that's ridiculous....

I like the way Martinez tries to play, its great to watch....but it's better for neutrals to watch.....he's too stubborn for his own good, and continuously fails to address the problems we have defensively....
Just end it now ffs. Good thing you're not a grief counselor. We have the second highest scoring striker but would you not take an Aguero swap on current form? Do you honestly think finishing as high as possible isn't important? It has a knock on effect on so many things from player recruitment to money brought in and mentality of the team. If you honestly have this mindset about things just give up on the season.

Leicester have been amazing and Chelsea have been poor, they've basically swapped. Just because they're having a great season, it doesn't mean we should use it as a reason to beat ourselves up.

5th gets us Europe so it's certainly not worthless.

Just end it now ffs. Good thing you're not a grief counselor. We have the second highest scoring striker but would you not take an Aguero swap on current form? Do you honestly think finishing as high as possible is important? It has a knock on effect on so many things from player recruitment to money brought in and mentality of the team. If you honestly have this mindset about things just give up on the season.

You're missing my point...we're massively underachieving with this team, massively!!!!......I don't care about 5th , not because I don't care about how the rest of the season goes....I don't care about 5th because
1. We're not gonna finish 5th, because we can't defend, and see out matches even if there's only a minute left....
2. We should be 4th or 5th now and seriously challenging for champions league football, and that plsses me off...it's madness that this team is 12th right now it really is....

You're missing my point...we're massively underachieving with this team, massively!!!!......I don't care about 5th , not because I don't care about how the rest of the season goes....I don't care about 5th because
1. We're not gonna finish 5th, because we can't defend, and see out matches even if there's only a minute left....
2. We should be 4th or 5th now and seriously challenging for champions league football, and that plsses me off...it's madness that this team is 12th right now it really is....
No I completely got your point and agree we are underachieving but to make a definitive prediction on our league finish is just stupid. Also being the most angry doesn't get you extra prizes. Calm down.

Reactions: DRM
Leicester have been amazing and Chelsea have been poor, they've basically swapped. Just because they're having a great season, it doesn't mean we should use it as a reason to beat ourselves up.

5th gets us Europe so it's certainly not worthless.

Man United & Liverpool have also been poor too, probably the worst I've ever seen both clubs....Spurs have taken advantage....we've some how managed to fall even further behind.....

Man United & Liverpool have also been poor too, probably the worst I've ever seen both clubs....Spurs have taken advantage....we've some how managed to fall even further behind.....

Very true, I think we're all pissed off, but it's going to happen with youthful naiivety, we will reap the rewards in the long run under Martinez though ... Even if he's not the manager.

If we win a cup most of us won't really give a damn, so let's just keep our fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back