Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Everton have had any formal communication with any other club over this alleged £65m price tag.
We don't want to lose him, he's nowhere near the end of his contract so it's a non story for me, just more lazy red-top journalism.

We might have made promises to him when he signed that we'd accomidate him if more money came calling and he wanted to go. He likes playing every minute of every match, if we can make a push and get in to UEFA and maybe offer him a raise and the captain's armband I think he could be tempted into staying for an extra year or two.

I'd take 65 million for Lukaku in a heartbeat. Just as I would've sold Stones for 40 million plus.

I don't care what anybody thinks, 65,000,000 would be an amazing piece of business.

Think of all of the Yarmolenko's we could buy.

I'd take 65 million for Lukaku in a heartbeat. Just as I would've sold Stones for 40 million plus.

I don't care what anybody thinks, 65,000,000 would be an amazing piece of business.

Think of all of the Yarmolenko's we could buy.
We are a Lukaku away from a relegation battle. Let that sink in, then when you wake up I'll double that £65m and please tell me who, in world football, we could buy who would be better

When you realise your last post was wrongheaded, don't worry and just enjoy Romelu whilst he's here.

Who would we get with the cash mate?

1,000 Seamus Colemans mate. 1,000 Seamus Colemans.

We are a Lukaku away from a relegation battle. Let that sink in, then when you wake up I'll double that £65m and please tell me who, in world football, we could buy who would be better

When you realise your last post was wrongheaded, don't worry and just enjoy Romelu whilst he's here.

You wouldn't go out and just look for a like-for-like replacement, it'd be spread around the pitch. For all of Martinez's problems, the one thing he has proven to be good at is scouting. Plucking out players like Funes Mori or Deulofeu or realizing Barry still has a lot to offer is not just dumb luck.

Do you not care about the message that sends to everyone associated with the club?

Not particularly, no. If we supposedly have this golden generation of players that'll propel us to the top, then why are we still so bad?

You wouldn't go out and just look for a like-for-like replacement, it'd be spread around the pitch. For all of Martinez's problems, the one thing he has proven to be good at is scouting. Plucking out players like Funes Mori or Deulofeu or realizing Barry still has a lot to offer is not just dumb luck.

Not particularly, no. If we supposedly have this golden generation of players that'll propel us to the top, then why are we still so bad?

I think you may believe goal scorers grow on trees.

You loon.

I really despair if anyone believes selling Lukaku is anything but a disastrous admission of lack of ambition leading to Stones, Barkley and Deulofeu following thereafter.

We have to keep this core together and add to it, not allow it to break up for the benefit of our competitors.

Selling Lukaku or Stones would be an admission that we are not seriously trying to get ourselves into a position were we could mount a sustained challenge for Champions League football.
We need to be adding to the squad, not taking away from it.

I wouldn't part with Rom for any money right now.......he would be way too hard to replace.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we took a ridiculous offer for Stones, though.

IMO his actual defending is not getting any better this season.

Funes Mori is showing what is available out there at a fraction of the money we would get for John :)

Cause we don't have a golden keeper. As many people have started though selling like that would just bring the atmosphere around the club to the floor and I doubt we'd get anyone proven and if we did we'd have to pay over the odds whereas if we kept our best players there are some players that would buy into the vision and project. If we sell anyone looking at it would steer clear if they have any ambition.

Selling Lukaku or Stones would be an admission that we are not seriously trying to get ourselves into a position were we could mount a sustained challenge for Champions League football.
We need to be adding to the squad, not taking away from it.

Would keeping a manager who is failing to get this team into the top half of the table (let alone anywhere near champions league football) be an admission that we are not trying?....

Rom & Stones leaving in the summer will simply be a good business deal....the transfer fees will be huge, and both players will want to leave (we're 12th FFS!)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back