Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think 20'goals exempts you from criticism nobody disputes lukaku is a top player & perhaps even is carrying a slight injury however the things he didn't do yesterday are nothing to do with ability. Many of us a much lower level will have played games were its just not our day wether it be the fault of teammates or our own however the correct reaction is to work harder sacrifice yourself for the team.

Fair enough, lukaku didn't have the best of games, yesterday. But I think we have seen this season, a vast improvement in his all round game. We finally have the 20 goal a season striker we have craved for years and still people aren't happy. When he isn't here is the the time to moan, not now.

The best ones do that when it matters most. How many attempts did we have again yesterday?

Dont recall anybody, Lukaku included that had chances they should have scored from, Ross probably had the "easiest" chances and when I say easy, I mean only 4 players infront of him rather than 6. He was tightly marked, for 90minutes, mostly by 3 players, not sure what else you expected, the tactics were to blame 100% yesterday, personally struggling to fault any of the players performances.

When I was thinking of subs and going through who I would take off for Geri or Mirallas and I struggled, nobody had a "bad" game IMO, its wrong and very unfair to point fingers at Rom for yesterday, im not saying his performance was flawless and im defo not saying he cant improve a number of aspects in his game, nor am I saying that the goals hes scored mean much on a game to game basis @Simon baker, im just saying, sometimes it really is just 1 of those games.

he struggles to consistently hold a ball up or control it. The difference between him and the 2 strikers in the game on TV now in those departments is alarming. I'm willing to be proved wrong but I believe those attributes are grooved into a player at a young age & we'll be debating this in another 18 months to 2 years time!
But we have seen games that he has shown excellent ball control and ability to hold it up, he has also significantly improved over his time with us.

Agree he can still be a bit erratic but see no evidence of a lack of the skil or ability to learn so am confident that if he continues to work on it that he'll become more consistent.

Dont recall anybody, Lukaku included that had chances they should have scored from, Ross probably had the "easiest" chances and when I say easy, I mean only 4 players infront of him rather than 6. He was tightly marked, for 90minutes, mostly by 3 players, not sure what else you expected, the tactics were to blame 100% yesterday, personally struggling to fault any of the players performances.

When I was thinking of subs and going through who I would take off for Geri or Mirallas and I struggled, nobody had a "bad" game IMO, its wrong and very unfair to point fingers at Rom for yesterday, im not saying his performance was flawless and im defo not saying he cant improve a number of aspects in his game, nor am I saying that the goals hes scored mean much on a game to game basis @Simon baker, im just saying, sometimes it really is just 1 of those games.
Fair enough mate, think it's best if we return to this debate, as I say, in a couple of years time to see if he's made it into a champions league standard striker.

But we have seen games that he has shown excellent ball control and ability to hold it up, he has also significantly improved over his time with us.

Agree he can still be a bit erratic but see no evidence of a lack of the skil or ability to learn so am confident that if he continues to work on it that he'll become more consistent.
His hold up play on occasion is outstanding,I think sometimes his concentration goes,or he just gets frustrated and tries too hard .He's a young player,it happens.

If I come across as questioning his ability then that's not my intention & I agree with your points I just want more from him when it's not happening even if it is one of them days

If I come across as questioning his ability then that's not my intention & I agree with your points I just want more from him when it's not happening even if it is one of them days

The lads got a good head on him, im sure hes as pissed off as we are he didnt "do more", but I personally dont think there was a great deal more he could have done.

Lukaku's job is to score goals, imo. He has 16 premier league goals so far. He is second only to Vardy one ahead of Kane. Nuff said.

Lukaku is doing his job, now its up to the manager to provide him with a side behind him capable of servicing him and keeping it tight down the other end, Lukaku is working hard, coco isnt working at all.

Lukaku's job is to score goals, imo. He has 16 premier league goals so far. He is second only to Vardy one ahead of Kane. Nuff said.
the chances this side has made this season ,any half decent striker would be in double figures. If your happy with any everton player putting in a can't be arsed performance then fine.

Lukaku is doing his job, now its up to the manager to provide him with a side behind him capable of servicing him and keeping it tight down the other end, Lukaku is working hard, coco isnt working at all.
Oh no. strikers get out of a game what they put into it. He couldn't be bothered yesterday ,he got bullied stated sulking and shut up shop ,he got exactly what he deserved sfa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back