Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people are moaning, he having his usual 2 month midseason break.

No idea what that means as to whether he will be here next season though but the 20 goals already mean we can ask for a huge amount if he does ask to leave.

Hopefully the teams who can afford lukaku who face west brom tactics on a weekly basis watched yesterday's game & realised that although he has improved massively in the last year the same level of improvement is required again to play for a last 8 champions league team. Obviously PSG may be slightly different as he would destroy the teams they play against on a weekly basis & then may improve through sheer confidence

Even when he's having a bit of a stinker like yesterday though, we need to play to his strengths more. Did he even get a shot away? Ball was bouncing off him with his back to goal, just play him through running at goal like he wants it.

Vs Everton

West Brom

• 1FosterBooked at 75mins
  • 25Dawson
  • 6Evans
  • 3Olsson
  • 4Chester
  • 29Sessegnon
  • 24Fletcher Booked at 51mins
  • 5Yacob
  • 14McClean Booked at 51mins (Brunt)
  • 18Berahino (Sandro)
  • 33Rondón (Anichebe)
vs Peterborough

West Brom

• 1Foster
  • 23McAuley (Pocognoli)
  • 3Olsson
  • 4Chester
  • 16Gamboa
  • 24Fletcher
  • 5YacobBooked at 47mins (Sessegnon)
  • 8Gardner
  • 14McClean
  • 33Rondón
  • 18Berahino
Not massively different lineups - we managed to lose at home to a team that couldn't beat Peterborough in 210 minutes of football.

Martinez always manages to find those new lows...

Lukaku's can't run at teams if those teams sit back and block off all the channels. We need a Plan B. If he can't score against blanket defences then use the players we have and get a style of playing that will work. Or get a different type of forward who can create space for others.
The thing that frustrates me at the moment is that we keep doing the same thing and for some unknown reason we expect different outcomes.
I believe that we have moved on as a squad under Martinez, I think he is a few players short of a really competitive team, I'm just not sure he has the tactical ability to get the best from them.
I'm concerned that he is putting together a team which plays the counter attacking game really well. After all that is what he knows. My problem is that Everton are more than a counter attacking side, we need to be able to beat sides who are afraid to come out and play us. We need to be able to beat every team in the league, not just those who are similar to us.

Young striker in loss of form shocker...
He had a poor game and yes has looked jaded as of late, but some pathetic people after the match seemed to be joining the lynching mob.

It's ridiculous. People's memories are far too short and ignore the fact that he's already on sixteen in the league; that's the second best!

A goal in an upcoming game and I'm sure his confidence will come flowing back and he'll score more goals before now and May.

He had a poor game and yes has looked jaded as of late, but some pathetic people after the match seemed to be joining the lynching mob.

It's ridiculous. People's memories are far too short and ignore the fact that he's already on sixteen in the league; that's the second best!

A goal in an upcoming game and I'm sure his confidence will come flowing back and he'll score more goals before now and May.
Rom is top quality and is the best striker we have had since lineker

Young striker in loss of form shocker...
To be fair even when Harry Kane struggled for goals he still had a great 1st touch, held off defenders and brought others into the game. Unfortunately rom is not someone who is ever going to help us achieve top 4. If you can't control a ball at 22 years old it's never going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back