Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
if people haven't clocked on that he's playing with a injury, that worries me.

Picked up a ankle injury and his form dropped, is playing with injections because there is no one else.

Lennon doesn't make thise defence splitting passes to put him one on one with the goalie, like at West Ham.

Nor does he whip in those effortless, precise crosses with little backlift that Rom had been burying since Baggies away.

I have to say there is no selection problem for me, Toast.

Del would be the first name on the teamsheet if it was owt to do with me :)
Oh, I'd pick Del all day every day.
Don't get me wrong.

Colemans game seems to change a bit with Lennon as well, although IMO, he's not been bang on it for a few weeks now.

if people haven't clocked on that he's playing with a injury, that worries me.

Picked up a ankle injury and his form dropped, is playing with injections because there is no one else.
Also got a nasty knee in the back in the Newcastle match.

Glad that he was subbed today, we are fortunate that he not only is an excellent player but that he is one who generally plays well despite being injured/a lot of game time.

Hopefully some sun and a bit of a rest will sort his ankle out.

Also got a nasty knee in the back in the Newcastle match.

Glad that he was subbed today, we are fortunate that he not only is an excellent player but that he is one who generally plays well despite being injured/a lot of game time.

Hopefully some sun and a bit of a rest will sort his ankle out.
We simply have to play him even at 70% fit though mate as the other option ( before naisse ) is just not worth thinking about..

We simply have to play him even at 70% fit though mate as the other option ( before naisse ) is just not worth thinking about..
Agree mate, just find it amazing the stick Rom gets if he isn't perfect in every match without consideration that is impossible for any player let alone taking into account factors like his age, playing minutes and any possible injury.

Agree mate, just find it amazing the stick Rom gets if he isn't perfect in every match without consideration that is impossible for any player let alone taking into account factors like his age, playing minutes and any possible injury.
Thought the stick last year was terrible considering he played for 2 months witha broken toe.

Not at his very best at the moment but he will be soon...little break in the sun works wonders.

They break really well together.
Lennons play is quick though too..
Nice selection problem to have like.

Rom was having a proper go at McCarthy today, didn't see what it was over, but it was very heated.
McCarthy pass to him was a bit inaccurate. Lukaku made little effort to turn it into an okay pass and sort of gave impression wanted better pass or maybe was not quite expecting it. McCarthy seemed to react as if to say make a bit of an effort and it would have been an alright pass. cue grumpiness and argument between the two. In match passion rather than anything terminal imo.

McCarthy pass to him was a bit inaccurate. Lukaku made little effort to turn it into an okay pass and sort of gave impression wanted better pass or maybe was not quite expecting it. McCarthy seemed to react as if to say make a bit of an effort and it would have been an alright pass. cue grumpiness and argument between the two. In match passion rather than anything terminal imo.
I like a bit of that, but not too much obviously.

Shows the standards and passion involved.

Lennon doesn't make those defence splitting passes to put him one on one with the goalie, like at West Ham.

Nor does he whip in those effortless, precise crosses with little backlift that Rom had been burying since Baggies away.

I have to say there is no selection problem for me, Toast.

Del would be the first name on the teamsheet if it was owt to do with me :)
or play the two of them either wing and play Cleverly were MaCarthy is?

Switching wings as well during the game..
Could work that you know.
Oveideo has no out and out winger in front of him we have three wingers Lennon {On top form} delboy a handful - and KM who knows were the goal is!
If we do away with a defensive midfielder the service to Lukaku would be 100 % increased the speed of our moves would be faster ,, and as you say they could rotate wings as the game progressed if we go 2-0 up the take one off and put a defensive midfielder in late on to see the game out, also I feel RNB would have an outlet for his through balls as he at times is our one man midfield going forwards with pace!

Oveideo has no out and out winger in front of him we have three wingers Lennon {On top form} delboy a handful - and KM who knows were the goal is!
If we do away with a defensive midfielder the service to Lukaku would be 100 % increased the speed of our moves would be faster ,, and as you say they could rotate wings as the game progressed if we go 2-0 up the take one off and put a defensive midfielder in late on to see the game out, also I feel RNB would have an outlet for his through balls as he at times is our one man midfield going forwards with pace!
That would definitely be a very good option for a home game right now.

Get the crowd going ?

Christ, we could even switch to the occasional 4-4-2 and surprise a team at home ?

That would definitely be a very good option for a home game right now.

Get the crowd going ?

Christ, we could even switch to the occasional 4-4-2 and surprise a team at home ?
It needs looking at by RM as we looked pedestrian in the first half Mccarthy has no creativity, great workhorse but somtimes RB is stranded with Lukaku upfront waiting for players to join in - Robles is a godsend TBH!
Clean sheets win games RM needs a plan B! his subs are sometimes too late - He has the best squad for an age and we are 11th????
playing Timmy most of the season not the wisest move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back