Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oveideo has no out and out winger in front of him we have three wingers Lennon {On top form} delboy a handful - and KM who knows were the goal is!
If we do away with a defensive midfielder the service to Lukaku would be 100 % increased the speed of our moves would be faster ,, and as you say they could rotate wings as the game progressed if we go 2-0 up the take one off and put a defensive midfielder in late on to see the game out, also I feel RNB would have an outlet for his through balls as he at times is our one man midfield going forwards with pace!

But The Clev isn't a DM.

It needs looking at by RM as we looked pedestrian in the first half Mccarthy has no creativity, great workhorse but somtimes RB is stranded with Lukaku upfront waiting for players to join in - Robles is a godsend TBH!
Clean sheets win games RM needs a plan B! his subs are sometimes too late - He has the best squad for an age and we are 11th????
playing Timmy most of the season not the wisest move!
I'm trying to think of a period where Rom has played alongside someone else for a few games ?
Kone plays, well to be more accurate - wears an Everton shirt, a bit deeper than Rom..
Could he play alongside anyone ?
Did he do it for Baggies when on loan ?

Don't get me wrong, he is bang in form and I love the player, but we are talking about different attacking options here for when plan A isn't coming off.

I'm trying to think of a period where Rom has played alongside someone else for a few games ?
Kone plays, well to be more accurate - wears an Everton shirt, a bit deeper than Rom..
Could he play alongside anyone ?
Did he do it for Baggies when on loan ?

Don't get me wrong, he is bang in form and I love the player, but we are talking about different attacking options here for when plan A isn't coming off.
Delboy or KM could play and assist him helping RB out McCarthy would have to be sacrificed to let Cleverly play in the engine room me thinks?

Barry is so why need two ? play with Clev in his natural position centre mid;)
TBH grteat win but we have played better and got beaten Lukaku looked a wee bit annoyed today with all the tippy tappy football!

Well he's not exactly playing in an out and out winger role either. More like Pienaar who isn't an out and out winger. Not sure why people want to pigeon hole him into a central role. LM in the set up.

But scoring goals at home hasn't really been the issue apart from WBA, iirc we are second only to City in the number we've managed. It is stupidly conceeding them that has been our main problem.
I just think the difference in our home, let's say performances, may benefit from the manager just utterly going for a few games ?
We are a totally different proposition on the road.
I honestly hope we get an away draw tomorrow, and, yes, i do realise just how ridiculous that sounds.

It would be a massive call to rest Rom, but if Naisse could start a home game, with the wingers mentioned above, it could happen, and a rested Rom could pay big dividends.

I just think the difference in our home, let's say performances, may benefit from the manager just utterly going for a few games ?
We are a totally different proposition on the road.
I honestly hope we get an away draw tomorrow, and, yes, i do realise just how ridiculous that sounds.

It would be a massive call to rest Rom, but if Naisse could start a home game, with the wingers mentioned above, it could happen, and a rested Rom could pay big dividends.
An away draw if its a beatable team - not City ?cheski Arsenal or spurs anyone else even UNT I would be confident of us getting through!
we are ball no 8

Barry is so why need two ? play with Clev in his natural position centre mid;)
TBH great win but we have played better and got beaten Lukaku looked a wee bit annoyed today with all the tippy tappy football!

It didn't work earlier in the season though really.

Cleverley gets forward but it leaves Barry exposed on the counter due to his lack of pace, and also negates Barkley as there is less space.

McCarthy or Besic give a better balance next to Barry, while if Clev does play there then it should be alongside McCarthy.

An away draw if its a beatable team - not City ?cheski Arsenal or spurs anyone else even UNT I would be confident of us getting through!
we are ball no 8
It's the quarter final of the FA cup.
One game away from a boss day out.

We will get a tricky game whatever happens.

Thought he was pre occupied with tracking Iturbe today rather than being creative.
Not really I thought Oviedo on his own coped with him well - imaging Ovideo wiith an out and out winger in front of him Delboy or KM the support for RB and Lukaku would be a lot faster and players would get into the opposition box its macarthy who I feel needs to sit out at the moment on the bench imo!

Not really I thought Oviedo on his own coped with him well - imaging Ovideo wiith an out and out winger in front of him Delboy or KM the support for RB and Lukaku would be a lot faster and players would get into the opposition box its macarthy who I feel needs to sit out at the moment on the bench imo!
It wasnt his best game like.

Slightly puzzled by the MOTM of the award based on his entire performance, yet I've glad he has got back on the score sheet: it'll instil confidence.

Lack of celebration for his whole? Strange one really, but could just have been an off day due to injury, sickness or other personal circumstances.

Far too early to tell if it's a sign of something negative. Still, would have liked him to celebrate but the goal itself is much more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back