Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do laugh at this nonsense.

Do you think there wont be takers out there for a manager who can attract the type of talent he has for what is, in PL spending terms, a pittance? A manager who's taken a club like Swansea from nothing and put them on the road to something? A manager who gave a hillbilly club from Lancashire their one and only glory moment and trophy in their history? A manager who topped an established PL club's record points total at the first time of asking?

If there's one thing that's been most nauseating about the fever that's descended on this forum since Saturday it's the attempt at humiliating and belittling the manager of our own football club. It's really disgusting to see...and you know for sure that many doing it were two seasons ago singing his praises.

Well, I'm afraid the game is far from up. Those people will have their fickleness and disloyalty rammed back down their throats...and of course when that happens they'll start the next phase of rewriting their posting history.
I can say with confidence that his next job will be a significant step down from Everton. His Premier League record is atrocious, although I will concede that his lower league achievements should afford him similar opportunities to others who have thrived at that level (Lambert, Coyle, Brown, etc.).

No one cares that Brendan Rodgers racked up more points than a fair few title winning sides have managed in recent years, just as no clubs will be falling over themselves to appoint Roberto Martinez based on a blown tilt at finishing fourth.

I honestly think he'll be gone at the end of the season. The knives are out in the media, and the world's greatest Evertonian has a new best mate whose presence should put an end to us being beholden to balance sheet managers.

I can say with confidence that his next job will be a significant step down from Everton. His Premier League record is atrocious, although I will concede that his lower league achievements should afford him similar opportunities to others who have thrived at that level (Lambert, Coyle, Brown, etc.).No one cares that Brendan Rodgers racked up more points than a fair few title winning sides have managed in recent years, just as no clubs will be falling over themselves to appoint Roberto Martinez based on a blown tilt at finishing fourth. I honestly think he'll be gone at the end of the season. The knives are out in the media, and the world's greatest Evertonian has a new best mate whose presence should put an end to us being beholden to balance sheet managers.
We'll see. The odds for that happening are presently still huge...no matter how much the vast array of credible football brains made up of Chris Sutton, Joey Barton and Paul Merson think to the contrary.

We'll see. The odds for that happening are presently still huge...no matter how much the vast array of credible football brains made up of Chris Sutton, Joey Barton and Paul Merson think to the contrary.

tumblr_mzi5ljXY5M1t5ksxco1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back