Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I am most loving about Rom-mania is that at last the under thirties have their very own icon.

He is to the young people what Big Bob was to the 70s boys, the Golden Vision was in the Swinging Sixties and Dave Hickson was to the Boys Pen era fans. Or Big Dunc to lids coming of age in the mid 90s.

Good on ya, Rom......you Everton legend, you ;)

Just one thing I want him to do......take possession of the No. 9 shirt next season.

Mate this is the slippery slope to Kopitery, the MO for those defending splurging £35m on Donkey Andy.

£28m is the quoted price, we paid £28m, or will pay £28m, it is getting paid.

The fact that he is now worth double it shows how good a buy it was.
Worth nearly four times that price if we want to sell him we should break the bank to keep him who is out there better than him?????

If bale went for 100 million and big teeth the potential of Lukarku? Go and by me another player like him with 60 million!???

Nah, Lukaku is fantastic but that money was paid for the finished product.

For now, both of those named are vastly better all-round players - and I'm an unrelenting Lukaku fan

Problem is even if we sell him for 60-100 m. Who can we buy who is as good as he is? Only way we win is if his replacement is a world top 5 striker - and with his fee and new owners cash and TV money we should have the money for a top 5. But....

I fear we will do a Liverpool and sell him for 80- 100 m and buy 4-5 'decent' players across the squad who turn out mediocre. .

I understand your point, however Sterling's valuation isn't a fair comparison as he's English and was inflated by the whole wrangling over the deal.

Arguably he should be worth much more, unfortunately I just don't think it will work out like that if he is ever sold when you look at other deals.

Although of course I'd love to be proven wrong!

Rom counts as homegrown though mate so he has all the benefits of an English player to a squad and numbers needed and what not

Problem is even if we sell him for 60-100 m. Who can we buy who is as good as he is? Only way we win is if his replacement is a world top 5 striker - and with his fee and new owners cash and TV money we should have the money for a top 5. But....

I fear we will do a Liverpool and sell him for 80- 100 m and buy 4-5 'decent' players across the squad who turn out mediocre. .
Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back