Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri and Martinez need to get him in. Give him a huge wage rise and promises in this summers transfer window. If he has a good euros he could end up anywhere but here.

We only need to look at the fools across Stanley Park to know a top player is irreplaceable. All that Suarez money and they went from challenging for the title, to being woefully average and lurking around mid-table.

Could say the same for Arsenal and Henry, and perhaps Spurs and Bale.

Simply, we have to keep him.

Think last night can be the catalyst for both us as a team and him to have a strong finish to the Season. Only 1 behind Vardy, he's miles better than Vardy and theres no reason why he cant finish Top Goalscorer.

Pretty much won us the game by himself. Players like that are invaluable. Have to keep hold at all costs. We won't be able to buy anyone close to his level.

A mate of mine thinks we should sell him. Doesn't rate him, and blamed him for our loss to West Ham last week (missed pen). This despite scoring one and making one v West Ham. His arguments are based around laziness, poor control, missing too many chances and that "he wants to leave anyway". I respond that he's 22, he's scored 25 goals this year. He's second topscorer in the Premier League in a side sitting in mid table. And, does he really want us to go back to the days of Jelavic & Anichebe. His response is that they didnt cost £28m!! But they didnt score 25 goals either!!! I despair.
You're mate is a fool. Sorry to have to inform you...

image.webp

Must surely be worth 70 - 80m.

Obviously rather be stayed, but he could play for any top team in the world.
I wish that were true, but for whatever reason I think we are guilty of slightly over exaggerating his true value to other clubs in the market

Unbelievable player with so much potential, but be it because he's at Everton or that he's not British I doubt we'd get anywhere near that.

Yes people may mention the likes of Bale and Sterling and their ridiculous fees of £80m and £49m respectively as a bar to his value.

Yet on the other hand, you could mention the likes of Neymar, Suarez, Sanchez et al and their respective values which is less for what you get.

Personally, a more realistic expectation would be £50m and possibly up to £60m. Either way, I think he's amazing and completely priceless to us.

It is just remarkable how much he's came on in such a short amount of time; he's always been a good finisher but he now leads the line so well.

I've not felt like this about an Everton striker since Lineker, Sharp, Grey or Latchford!

I wish that were true, but for whatever reason I think we are guilty of slightly over exaggerating his true value to other clubs in the market

Unbelievable player with so much potential, but be it because he's at Everton or that he's not British I doubt we'd get anywhere near that.

Yes people may mention the likes of Bale and Sterling and their ridiculous fees of £80m and £49m respectively as a bar to his value.

Yet on the other hand, you could mention the likes of Neymar, Suarez, Sanchez et al and their respective values which is less for what you get.

Personally, a more realistic expectation would be £50m and possibly up to £60m. Either way, I think he's amazing and completely priceless to us.

It is just remarkable how much he's came on in such a short amount of time; he's always been a good finisher but he now leads the line so well.

I've not felt like this about an Everton striker since Lineker, Sharp, Grey or Latchford!

In a game where sterling goes for 50m mate, then rom is worth far far more than 50, James went to madrid for something like 65-70m, your talking that kind of fee easily.

BTW new owner should call his new agent into his billionaire pad in monaco or wherever and tell him hes not going anywhere and hand the new contract to him

BTW new owner should call his new agent into his billionaire pad in monaco or wherever and tell him hes not going anywhere and hand the new contract to him
Hope so, we can afford the wages it would take to keep him now and build a top team around him, Barkley and Stones. Just hope they all want to stay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back