Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
was speaking to my old man leaving the match today about how good lukaku was.

Some old fella literally said in reply to it, 'he is great, but he isn't half lazy.'

I literally gave him a :l face.

Still can't believe people are arsed that he doesn't run around like strac, when he's fivhen something wondefully brilliant like yesterday?.e goals away from 30.

He's also all alone as an attacker. If he would run around all the time he'd be knackered at half time.
I'd rather he bides his time and then does something magnificentl brilliant like yesterday.

Some old fella literally said in reply to it, 'he is great, but he isn't half lazy.'

Still can't believe people are arsed that he doesn't run around like strac, when he's five goals away from 30.
Its stupid to me as when we had Johnson, Bent etc.. They used to run the channels n work hard n fans used to moan n say we need someone to just score, stay in the box.
Now we have a goalscorer they call him lazy!

Still can't believe people are arsed that he doesn't run around like strac, when he's five goals away from 30.
That man was right, he is lazy. The way he strolled past two defenders making them accidentally bounce of him, then ambled into the area turning the defence inside out with a big yawn on his face, finishing with a halfarsed toe poke, was nothing short of a disgrace. Get rid I say.

I was sat in front of the Chelsea fans and at one point they sang to Lukaku 'You're a [Poor language removed] Didier Drogba'. Oh, the irony ! Chelsea would kill to find a replacement for Drogba right now, and if there's one striker in the PL who fits the bill it's Lukaku. Drogba was a man for the big game, he used to score whenever he went out on the Wembley turf, let's hope that Lukaku can do the same.

He really favours his left foot doesn't he?

Some of his best moments do seem to have started pretty much from the left touchline. Makes you wonder. Don't know what about. Maybe someone on the left who can switch and play central to Rom. Would give teams a lot to think about

That man was right, he is lazy. The way he strolled past two defenders making them accidentally bounce of him, then ambled into the area turning the defence inside out with a big yawn on his face, finishing with a halfarsed toe poke, was nothing short of a disgrace. Get rid I say.

Not just lazy, but incredibly greedy. After dilly-dallying his way haphazardly around 4 or 5 Chelsea players he could have easily played that across the box where Seamus Coleman was screaming for it.
But oh no, Mr.Greedy had to to try a shot. Goddam glory seeker.
I was fuuuming ! Pyar fuuuming I tells ya

941081_566840110156918_2627052413186367340_n.webp

Got to give him tons of credit, This season I've been gob-smacked by the improvement in his first time control and hold up play. I've often wondered if the fact that Roberto promoted Dunc to the first team was specifically to tutor Rom in these skills.
Here on Italian TV the commentator was lauding Rom as a complete centre forward, couldn't stop going on about him especially after the goals. Made me smile just thinking about what he was like 2 seasons ago even last season with his piss poor hold up play.
Hats off to Rom !

Got to give him tons of credit, This season I've been gob-smacked by the improvement in his first time control and hold up play. I've often wondered if the fact that Roberto promoted Dunc to the first team was specifically to tutor Rom in these skills.
Here on Italian TV the commentator was lauding Rom as a complete centre forward, couldn't stop going on about him especially after the goals. Made me smile just thinking about what he was like 2 seasons ago even last season with his piss poor hold up play.
Hats off to Rom !

Agree with every word of that post.

I'm stunned really. It's a completely different player - he's turned from ping pong shins to one of the most complete centre forwards in the world in the space of 10 months. There was no sign whatsoever his technique could improve this much, but it's the dictionary definition of a striker learning a role.

Just amazing. I mean, I still stand by my criticism of him last season, as it was perfectly true, but conversely I'm not afraid to say I was completely wrong in my concerns about him long term - the guy is a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back