Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mate of mine thinks we should sell him. Doesn't rate him, and blamed him for our loss to West Ham last week (missed pen). This despite scoring one and making one v West Ham. His arguments are based around laziness, poor control, missing too many chances and that "he wants to leave anyway". I respond that he's 22, he's scored 25 goals this year. He's second topscorer in the Premier League in a side sitting in mid table. And, does he really want us to go back to the days of Jelavic & Anichebe. His response is that they didnt cost £28m!! But they didnt score 25 goals either!!! I despair.

Some of his best moments do seem to have started pretty much from the left touchline. Makes you wonder. Don't know what about. Maybe someone on the left who can switch and play central to Rom. Would give teams a lot to think about
Remember when he played on the right vs Arsenal in the 3-0 game the season before last? Think Naismith was in his position. His ability to cut in on his favored left good gave them loads of problems that day and lead to him scoring his goal, which was another belter.

Forget it mate I was on rum. Just thought it was great pic of Rom standing alone in the middle of the pitch like a King that he is.

My reply prior to yours mate was someone said champions league here we come so I put how. no worrys mate glad you enjoyed the rum! I weren't even drinking last night and I've just looked I replied to dave about the picture lol i must have been half asleep

Last edited:
Got to give him tons of credit, This season I've been gob-smacked by the improvement in his first time control and hold up play. I've often wondered if the fact that Roberto promoted Dunc to the first team was specifically to tutor Rom in these skills.
Here on Italian TV the commentator was lauding Rom as a complete centre forward, couldn't stop going on about him especially after the goals. Made me smile just thinking about what he was like 2 seasons ago even last season with his piss poor hold up play.
Hats off to Rom !

Agree with every word of that post.

I'm stunned really. It's a completely different player - he's turned from ping pong shins to one of the most complete centre forwards in the world in the space of 10 months. There was no sign whatsoever his technique could improve this much, but it's the dictionary definition of a striker learning a role.

Just amazing. I mean, I still stand by my criticism of him last season, as it was perfectly true, but conversely I'm not afraid to say I was completely wrong in my concerns about him long term - the guy is a monster.

Agreed. The effort he's put in on improving his first touch has reaped huge dividends.

When the ball is pinged up to him, I still find myself tensing up - old habits die hard - but pretty much without fail he brings it under control.

Just by improving this one aspect of his game, he's put himself in the world class bracket as far as I'm concerned. At worst, he's doubled his transfer value. At best, he's on target to be one of the greatest strikers in our club's history.

was speaking to my old man leaving the match today about how good lukaku was.

Some old fella literally said in reply to it, 'he is great, but he isn't half lazy.'

I literally gave him a :l face.

Still can't believe people are arsed that he doesn't run around like strac, when he's five goals away from 30.

5 from 30 in mid-March as well.

Remember when he played on the right vs Arsenal in the 3-0 game the season before last? Think Naismith was in his position. His ability to cut in on his favored left good gave them loads of problems that day and lead to him scoring his goal, which was another belter.
Yeah think that's one of moments I may have been thinking about but obviously it was from right wing.
I think it's definitely something that can be used to vary our threat a lot more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back