Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step down in League. Big decision for him.
Yes but even that in a way is a good thing - he'd have less pressure in adapting to their team and be better rested to do well in the Champions league which is clearly the next challenge that he is keen for. Moving to PSG wouldn't be where he dreamed of ending up, one of the Spanish clubs would be my guess as his ultimate goal.

Also factor in that Paris isn't that far from Brussels - he'd be able to see his family (and his Dad who was ill) far more often and also have them visit him.

I hope to goodness he doesn't see it that way mind and he rolls the dice on staying next season to see if we can pull it all together but if I'm honest I think it unlikely

Yes but even that in a way is a good thing - he'd have less pressure in adapting to their team and be better rested to do well in the Champions league which is clearly what he keen for.

Also factor in that Paris isn't that far from Brussels - he'd be able to see his family (and his Dad who was ill) far more often and also have them visit him.

I hope to goodness he doesn't see it that way mind and rolls the dice on staying next season to see if we can pull it all together but if I'm honest I think it unlikely
I don't know. I think he wants to be in England playing unless a true giant comes for him.

if anyone comes in for him i hope its bayern or madrid.

i'd be gutted to see him go to PSG, he's so much better than that league.
That's the situation for me too. I don't think Real are going to. Bayern may if they lose Lewandowski. But Lukaku still isn't in that bracket is he?
He has Man Utd written all over him Rom, but they are not in the CL either. Arsenal?

if anyone comes in for him i hope its bayern or madrid.

i'd be gutted to see him go to PSG, he's so much better than that league.

Why? Why would you prefer one non-Everton club over another? What is it about Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, or FC Hollywood and Los Galacticos as they are derided as in their respective countries, that would make you content for our star striker to leave us for pastures new?
Is it the insufferable Madrid fans who wave white hankies demanding change when they are in the fight for the Champions League and their own domestic title, all the while tapping up any player they want by using the media, or would it be the arrogant beauts of Munich, who have had top notch whoppers like Hoeness, Beckenbauer and Effenberg knocking about?

FFS, we are Everton.

Rom talks really well. He's dead right that we've not been close to good enough. And if some of the rest of the side wanted it as much as he does, then we'd be in a miles better place.

If he goes, it will be for a massive sum. And i mean massive. But what a sad day it will be. We need to do whatever it takes to keep him.

Great article and he's spot on, league wise this season has been an absolute disaster and it doesn't matter how people try to dress it up, or make excuses it's been an utterly failure because there was an amazing chance to not only break into the top 4 but challenge for the title this season.

For all of his goals it's good to hear him say it because it shows he cares about the situation.

Let's hope we can rectify the league situation by smashing the arse out of the arse tomorrow.

Just thinking about the painful possibility that we may have 200m to spend if Lukaku and Stones go, and unable to attract top quality replacements with it.

Why? Why would you prefer one non-Everton club over another? What is it about Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, or FC Hollywood and Los Galacticos as they are derided as in their respective countries, that would make you content for our star striker to leave us for pastures new?
Is it the insufferable Madrid fans who wave white hankies demanding change when they are in the fight for the Champions League and their own domestic title, all the while tapping up any player they want by using the media, or would it be the arrogant beauts of Munich, who have had top notch whoppers like Hoeness, Beckenbauer and Effenberg knocking about?

FFS, we are Everton.
because i like the lad a lot, i think he has a good personality and is a proper professional, if he leaves i want him to achieve everything he possibly can in football.

I'd rather it was with us, but that isn't going to happen.

Just thinking about the painful possibility that we may have 200m to spend if Lukaku and Stones go, and unable to attract top quality replacements with it.
Why couldn't we attract top quality? We attracted lukaku in the first place and we are now in a better position with an owner with ambition which it seems people keep forgetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back