Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those things are crap, NEA.
minion-wha.gif

what the utter fuq...
do you think we're really going to start challenging for titles and champions league overnight?

the lad wants champions league, he wants to be challenging for titles, not being promised that we'll do it.

I do think we'll become a lot better with the promise of new funding, and hopefully a higher caliber of player coming in, which i HOPE will convince him to stay and get us champions league next year.

But i think he may have thought that ship has sailed now.

It's Aaron. Another happy [Poor language removed]

what's this even meant to mean mate, since i'm generally more hopeful of things than negative.

I'm being realistic, not pessimistic.

do you think we're really going to start challenging for titles and champions league overnight?

the lad wants champions league, he wants to be challenging for titles, not being promised that we'll do it.

I do think we'll become a lot better with the promise of new funding, and hopefully a higher caliber of player coming in, which i HOPE will convince him to stay and get us champions league next year.

But i think he may have thought that ship has sailed now.

what's this even meant to mean mate, since i'm generally more hopeful of things than negative.

I'm being realistic, not pessimistic.
Who knows what he's cockwambling about?
I am very positive about Mr Moshiri and our future and he had the audacity to call me that as well. :)

That's the situation for me too. I don't think Real are going to. Bayern may if they lose Lewandowski. But Lukaku still isn't in that bracket is he?
He has Man Utd written all over him Rom, but they are not in the CL either. Arsenal?
It's not all about stats I know. But he is 8 goals behind messi for goals scores before 23 years of age. Lewandowski nowhere near that. Rom is a top top player. He won't be with us for much longer. Wenger does like him alright. I could see a bid there. Hopefully we will try to hang onto him for another season and pluck a champs league place outta of the sky then

It's not all about stats I know. But he is 8 goals behind messi for goals scores before 23 years of age. Lewandowski nowhere near that. Rom is a top top player. He won't be with us for much longer. Wenger does like him alright. I could see a bid there. Hopefully we will try to hang onto him for another season and pluck a champs league place outta of the sky then
Will Arsenal spend 50-60m?
It's a tough one. I think Mr Moshiri having a word with him may hopefully sway him to stay.

Another article in the same day? Hmmm...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-10-Everton-striker-believes-mark-season.html

Romelu Lukaku says only Brazilian hero Ronaldo gets 10/10 but Everton striker believes he has made his mark this season
  • Romelu Lukaku is modest in assessing his performance against Chelsea
  • Everton striker scored twice to eliminate his former side from the FA Cup
  • Lukaku is keen for Champions League football but is loyal to Everton
  • Belgian says Toffees showed faith in him when nobody else would
  • Lukaku is looking to haunt Arsenal again on Saturday afternoon
By DOMINIC KING FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 09:30 EST, 19 March 2016 | UPDATED: 10:26 EST, 19 March 2016

Romelu Lukaku thinks deeply about the question. He is analysing his demolition of Chelsea and has been asked to give his efforts a mark out of 10.

‘Eight,’ is his first reaction to a display that saw him bully Gary Cahill and Branislav Ivanovic and score two goals, one of which was a remarkable solo effort in the FA Cup quarter-final last Saturday.

‘Maybe 8.5. I wouldn’t give myself more. In the first half the build-up was good but clear-cut chances were not there.

323F03AE00000578-3499414-image-a-19_1458333487765.jpg

Romelu Lukaku poses for a photo at Everton's Finch Farm training ground before facing Arsenal

3222281300000578-3499414-image-a-21_1458333618878.jpg

Lukaku scored twice in Everton's FA Cup quarter-final with Chelsea to knock his former club out

323F01DA00000578-3499414-image-a-23_1458333663327.jpg

But the Belgian striker said his performance did not warrant a 10 out of 10, scoring himself an 8.5

‘I’d give myself a few nines this season. Southampton away, Liverpool and Sunderland at home. Manchester City in the League Cup? No. I was absolute rubbish. I scored but lost too many balls. There has never been a 10.’

A maximum score, he says, is the kind of performance his idol, Brazil legend Ronaldo, would produce. He talks with wonder about how he changed the art of forward play with his ability to ‘dribble like a winger and run like a sprinter’ with ox-like strength.

Lukaku longs to be at such a level and his desire has paid off over the past 12 months, his haul of 25 goals the best in a campaign by an Everton striker since Gary Lineker in 1985-86.

2116AE9F00000578-3499414-image-a-24_1458333710599.jpg

Lukaku reserves full marks for his hero Ronaldo, a man he says changed the art of forward play

323F02EE00000578-3499414-image-a-28_1458333887392.jpg

The Toffees striker longs to reach the heights of his Idol but Everton currently lie 12th in the Premier League

325823F500000578-3499414-image-a-40_1458334675947.jpg

322280B700000578-3499414-image-a-26_1458333779136.jpg

The 23-year-old blasts the ball past Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Cortois after a sensational solo run

325838D200000578-3499414-image-m-33_1458334103416.jpg

It is impossible not to be struck by the ambition of the charismatic Belgian, who will be aiming to trample over Arsenal’s faint title hopes on Saturday lunchtime. It is also obvious that his progress is not running in sync with his team’s.

He is one of the best strikers in Europe but Everton, for all the talent in Roberto Martinez’s squad, are stuck in 12th after winning three of their last 10 Premier League games.

More honesty follows when he is asked to assess this campaign. ‘Everybody has improved,’ he replies.

‘But results? It’s been two years of underperforming. As bad as it sounds, it’s the truth. Look at the players we have.

'We have 10 games to go, the semi-final of the FA Cup… Let’s go for it, boys. We need to start winning.Everyone gives stick to the manager, but it is the players that do the job on the pitch.

'I am not the captain, I am not going to say “do this”, “do that” — I just try to lead by example, give my maximum, try to score as many goals as I can, then the rest goes from there.’

323F053A00000578-3499414-image-a-30_1458334028876.jpg

Lukaku wants Champions League football but says he will only leave if the deal is right for Everton

3222823500000578-3499414-image-a-35_1458334154011.jpg

Everton boss Roberto Martinez congratulates Lukaku after his brace against his former club

EVERTON SEMI SET FOR BBC ONE
Everton's FA Cup semi-final will be live on BBC1 on Saturday April 23, kicking off at 5.15pm.

They will play West Ham or Manchester United, who will contest a replay on a date to be confirmed.

BT Sport 2 will broadcast the semi between Crystal Palace and Watford, on Sunday April 24, kicking off at 4pm.

So what happens if the erratic results persist? Lukaku has Champions League ability and Champions League clubs, such as Paris Saint-Germain, will seriously consider making a bid this summer. ‘I am 23 soon,’ says Lukaku. ‘I’ve been playing since I was 16 and never had a taste of the Champions League. It is going to be seven years. Champions League football is the next step, but I am not really thinking about it.

‘If something happens, it will be for the good of the club. I don’t want to leave in a fight — if it happens. I won’t say this or that. Everton were the ones who believed in me at the time nobody believed in me, and gave me a platform to perform.

‘I have tried to repay them with good performances and I have an agent who deals with the interest. But the talk will be between me and the manager. We have an open relationship. I will be honest enough with him to say what I think.

3222277800000578-3499414-image-a-36_1458334233957.jpg

Lukaku believes Everton should 'at least' be in the top four with the quality in their squad

1CE248A500000578-3499414-image-m-39_1458334470068.jpg

Lukaku scored in a 3-0 win over Arsenal in 2014 and his hoping to repeat the trick on Saturday

'We have 10 games to go and I will do everything to take my team to glory. With all the qualities that we have, we should at least have been in the top four this year because of how the league is. I am always looking for more. The club thinks that way as well. I will always put the team first.’

Finally we are back at the start and, once again, Lukaku is reflecting on the slaloming run that took him past four Chelsea defenders and carried Everton to the Wembley semi-final. When was the last time he scored one as good?

‘I have to think,’ he says, shaking his head. ‘It’s 130 goals… I have to think. For Belgium? No…. Well, I’ve got it. It’s going to be funny as well. Arsenal.’

He is talking about a game at Goodison in April 2014, which Everton won 3-0. At the end of an awful week, Lukaku is the striker Arsene Wenger wants to see least. Evertonians, by contrast, can’t wait to see his quest for perfection continue.

Please remember when reading these articles that the media are desperate to move him on.

Everton are never ever allowed to have nice things, or great players. They do not view us as a darling or some club with a deeply artificial romaticised club aura.

Think about who he's going to go to if he wants CL footy. Leicester? Spurs? No chance for either. Arsenal? They won't pay what we'd want. Maybe Man City, but where would he fit in there?

The likes of Chelsea and Man Utd may not even be in Europe at all, let alone the CL.

Does Lukaku really want to move abroad?

Please remember when reading these articles that the media are desperate to move him on.

Everton are never ever allowed to have nice things, or great players. They do not view us as a darling or some club with a deeply artificial romaticised club aura.

Think about who he's going to go to if he wants CL footy. Leicester? Spurs? No chance for either. Arsenal? They won't pay what we'd want. Maybe Man City, but where would he fit in there?

The likes of Chelsea and Man Utd may not even be in Europe at all, let alone the CL.

Does Lukaku really want to move abroad?
Correct. But these articles have him making quotes which is painful.
I think he will stay, unless a giant like Bayern or Real Madrid come in with a 60m bid.

Correct. But these articles have him making quotes which is painful.
I think he will stay, unless a giant like Bayern or Real Madrid come in with a 60m bid.
Would take more than 60 I'd imagine. Only team I can see ready to do that this summer is PSG but would he drop down to such a crap league just for a handful of champions league games

Would take more than 60 I'd imagine. Only team I can see ready to do that this summer is PSG but would he drop down to such a crap league just for a handful of champions league games
I mentioned similar above regarding PSG and a move to France. In fact, let's be honest the place to play these days is in the English League, unless Barcelona or Real Madrid want you. Bayern is a great club but the Bundesliga isn't the Premier League.
We may be fortunate Man Utd are rubbish because he is exactly what they need and they would pay whatever is needed.
Mr Moshiri hasn't spoken with him yet, which reading between the lines Romelu isn't too pleased about. I think unless one of the above scenarios takes place, Mr Moshiri explaining his grand plans may make him stay.

He's probably going to win the golden boot yet we're 12th. We have no right to ask him for another year. Hopefully by winning the FA Cup he'll find it in himself to give us at least another year. If we don't then he'd be a fool to stay. That's the sad reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back