Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the media refuse to accept that EFC deserve top players but that is because we are
not a top team.

I reckon that the best we can hope for is one more year of Lukaku. In the interview in today's Guardian Lukaku
says clearly that the team has underperformed over the last two years. And that is because RM did not seize the opportunity and fix the problems. The biggest one was Howard. Why was he allowed to continue flapping 18 months after he had clearly declined? Then, in no particular order: poor dead ball delivery, poor match tactics, poor substitutions,
a failure to win-at-all costs mentality.

The last two seasons in the League, despite all the good footie and excitement, have been a great chance spurned.

He's probably going to win the golden boot yet we're 12th. We have no right to ask him for another year. Hopefully by winning the FA Cup he'll find it in himself to give us at least another year. If we don't then he'd be a fool to stay. That's the sad reality.

Of course we do, he signed a 5 year contract.

Hs6O9SK.png

It pains me to say it. As much as I'd love to consider an fa cup win or the new takeover would entice rom to give it another season, I'm convinced his agent will have other ideas.

I agree that the media refuse to accept that EFC deserve top players but that is because we are
not a top team.

I reckon that the best we can hope for is one more year of Lukaku. In the interview in today's Guardian Lukaku
says clearly that the team has underperformed over the last two years. And that is because RM did not seize the opportunity and fix the problems. The biggest one was Howard. Why was he allowed to continue flapping 18 months after he had clearly declined? Then, in no particular order: poor dead ball delivery, poor match tactics, poor substitutions,
a failure to win-at-all costs mentality.

The last two seasons in the League, despite all the good footie and excitement, have been a great chance spurned.

They used to try to sell our best players when we finished in the top 5/6 for multiple years in a row under Moyes.

It's because we aren't favoured. Then, it was because we weren't seen as 'rich'. Now, it's because we're likely to finish outside the top 10.

They used to try to sell our best players when we finished in the top 5/6 for multiple years in a row under Moyes.

It's because we aren't favoured. Then, it was because we weren't seen as 'rich'. Now, it's because we're likely to finish outside the top 10.
I just hope and pray that a potential FA cup and new owner will alter the perception in the media 'of plucky little everton' in the media. However I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back