Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an interview he did on Men in Blazers where Roger Bennett asked about his future after this year/euros. He said something along the lines of "I have something in my head but I can't share". To me it sounds like he is likely gone - I hope we get at least one more year but doesn't sound good. The only positive is we will be getting probably 60+ million for him

It wasn't next season he was asked. He was asked where he sees himself in a few years and he said he knows where he wants to be and he's keeping it to himself. In that interview you can grasp that he favours a team who can compete in the champions league and will end up playing for a bigger team.

It wasn't next season he was asked. He was asked where he sees himself in a few years and he said he knows where he wants to be and he's keeping it to himself. In that interview you can grasp that he favours a team who can compete in the champions league and will end up playing for a bigger team.

Of course he will mate, eventually.

We just have to hope we can get him to stay here another year and see where he can take us.

He's the main man, the main goalscorer and the star of the team. He's loved by the fans. Throw on top of that a nice new contract.

Going forward, I'd like to believe that the bit in bold, and Everton FC, are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah might have been more general or beyond next year. Was going from memory from a couple weeks ago. The part that stuck was I don't want to share. We know if we aren't winning trophies and in the CL he is going somewhere else. But if Bayern, Real, or some team of that level comes going to be near impossible to keep him

He was asked what his ultimate goal is and said he can't say. Which is totally fair enough as it's probably 'win the champions league' (and so it should be) which he ain't gonna do here and so saying that would cause a media/forum meltdown about him wanting to leave everton. Didn't worry me particularly.

Not fretting about it just going to enjoy him as long as he is here. With the understanding that I am not going to go mental if he does leave like it is some pox on Everton. Bar about 4 or 5 teams in the world every team sells its stars

Most important player we have. Nigh on irreplaceable. No amount of money we would receive would compensate for his loss.

True this, we wont see his type playing at Goodison for a while, even with Moshiri's money as there are only a few of them around, the money wont compensate, even if we get 60 for him, we can buy two more players but wont find another Rom.

I'm very confident Rom will be here at least another year. The fella's a very clever lad, he's had his shot at the top level and he seen how difficult it is. He'll do very well to get a manager like Bobby who'll stick by him through thick and thin, build the team around him.

Many other reasons he'll also stay but for me Bobby is a huge one. I think players like Rom, want to play for him, and will give him another year to do something special, especially now we have our new found wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back