Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think PSG is the one to worry about more then Real Madrid. If Madrids plans are real and they want to get more young hungry players in rather then the old galactico model, then yeah i will be worried.

I think PSG will be the ones to test the waters first.
This definitely. Both their first choice strikers have left. Question is whether he can put up with the lack of competition just for CL opportunity.
In terms of Madrid's interest, the moment stories appear in Marca, that'll be the sign the interest is real.

Lukaku has a great scoring record but to me he is not quite the finished article. He has scored some wonderful goals but also missed some easier chances and his other play still seems to require some attntion.

At this time to me a move to these big clubs would not be in his interest as a developing player. another season here at the minimum is what he need.

I would prefer to keep him.

I assume we all would.

Since Moshiri's arrival, the only thing stopping him leaving is his own ambitions. If Everton can't match his ambitions then he'll be off (and if I'm being honest I can't really blame him).

I used to worry that we'd get an offer "too good to refuse" but with a billionaire shareholder, most offers should now technically be too good to refuse (unless it is silly money).

I would prefer to keep him.

I assume we all would.

Same, but alternate take for a second here:

If any professional footballer looks at how Gareth Bale is treated there and actually WANTS to still go to the single most entitled club on all of planet Earth, then oblige them.

So, the moment Lukaku agitates for a move to Real, if he does, then take the money and run, because it was never gonna work out anyway.

If Rom goes it will rip the heart out of this team and destroy any idea of squad development.
That said, if Madrid do come in for him I am sure he will go. Somehow though he doesn't look like a Madrid type player to me. Still too raw. I think we are more likely to get huge offers from PL clubs, with city Chelsea United and Arsenal having huge piles to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back