Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the future of Martinez will play a part in this as well. If Moshiri sacks him and brings in a big name manager like Jose (which isn't totally unrealistic if he is going to invest plus the premiership attracts the biggest names, Pep, Klopp.... hell even Rafael has taken the Newcastle job just to be back in the prem) then Rom may be convinced to stay and give it one last push for top for.... as Tubey says though this season was our genuine chance and we (and i hold Martinez accountable) have right royally messed it up
I don't think he's agent speaking to other clubs is an issue, he did it all last summer and was very public in his opinion that Rom should not and would not be at Everton had he been his agent earlier - Ultimately Rom has a long term contract with us meaning if/when he leaves he goes on our terms.

I think the future of Martinez will play a part in this as well. If Moshiri sacks him and brings in a big name manager like Jose (which isn't totally unrealistic if he is going to invest plus the premiership attracts the biggest names, Pep, Klopp.... hell even Rafael has taken the Newcastle job just to be back in the prem) then Rom may be convinced to stay and give it one last push for top for.... as Tubey says though this season was our genuine chance and we (and i hold Martinez accountable) have right royally messed it up
I don't think he's agent speaking to other clubs is an issue, he did it all last summer and was very public in his opinion that Rom should not and would not be at Everton had he been his agent earlier - Ultimately Rom has a long term contract with us meaning if/when he leaves he goes on our terms.

if martinez was a factor why did he sign for him twice?

What is our valuation of Lukaku? If we were bidding for him I don't think I'd want to pay more than £45m for him. He's scored a lot of goals but I just can't ever see him being a truly great player like Suarez or Henry etc due to his lack of technique. Suarez went for £65-75m. Sorry but Lukaku just isn't in that class.

Yeah but Suarez was a snip at that price as proved already. They only got him so cheap because he badly wanted out and because of his baggage, the racism, the biting.

Suarez was also in his prime whereas in Lukaku we have an already prolific 22 year old with still a lot of potential to fulfil. So yeah, I'd be starting the bidding at £60m.

I still think PSG is the one to worry about more then Real Madrid. If Madrids plans are real and they want to get more young hungry players in rather then the old galactico model, then yeah i will be worried.

I think PSG will be the ones to test the waters first.

What is our valuation of Lukaku? If we were bidding for him I don't think I'd want to pay more than £45m for him. He's scored a lot of goals but I just can't ever see him being a truly great player like Suarez or Henry etc due to his lack of technique. Suarez went for £65-75m. Sorry but Lukaku just isn't in that class.
I think I agree with this, except he is still young and the Spanish clubs are wary of the Premier League. Madrid may want it wrapped up before the new money deal start to take hold. This is what may inflate the price.

I think I agree with this, except he is still young and the Spanish clubs are wary of the Premier League. Madrid may want it wrapped up before the new money deal start to take hold. This is what may inflate the price.

Well, that and the fact we have no need to sell our best player in 30 years (due to existing TV money and a billionaire majority shareholder)

haven't Real Madrid got a transfer ban on or about to go on one?
Yep however they got it suspended pending appeal.

The appeal in theory is meant to be heard before the summer so if the appeal fails (likely) they would be banned from signings in the summer however am sure that both the Madrid clubs are trying every trick they can to get the appeal hearing delayed so that they can have one last transfer window.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35446129

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back