Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the lure of Madrid, fantastic city, great food, the women, probably the most illustrious club in world football....

But what a thankless task it is playing for them, they boo Ronaldo FFS! a player that routinely breaks records for them and who's goalscoring ratio is simply stunning.

Unless you're Spanish, you're onto a loser signing for them, you'll NEVER be appreciated. You look how they worship Raul, a very good striker, but not half the player Ronaldo is, then onto Casillas, despite a huge number of mistakes in his last few seasons the fans would always boo the foreign players.

During the Galacticos era, Beckham/Figo etc were booed, Geremi and Makelele never appreciated despite holding the side together, nothing was every said about the massively overrated Guti/Salgado.

Stay put Rom, and if you do go.....don't go to Real.

I understand the lure of Madrid, fantastic city, great food, the women, probably the most illustrious club in world football....

But what a thankless task it is playing for them, they boo Ronaldo FFS! a player that routinely breaks records for them and who's goalscoring ratio is simply stunning.

Unless you're Spanish, you're onto a loser signing for them, you'll NEVER be appreciated. You look how they worship Raul, a very good striker, but not half the player Ronaldo is, then onto Casillas, despite a huge number of mistakes in his last few seasons the fans would always boo the foreign players.

During the Galacticos era, Beckham/Figo etc were booed, Geremi and Makelele never appreciated despite holding the side together, nothing was every said about the massively overrated Guti/Salgado.

They boo Ronaldo cos he's a disrespectful brat.

I thought he'd be off to Real Madrid. I just hope we can at least offer John Stones a wage that matches his ability, otherwise it is just annoying. What if Coleman, Barkley and others fancy pastures new after a Lukaku/Stones double sale?

I hope things move fast and the deal is not secretive and is announced soon and then maybe the team will pull together before Lukaku leaves to win the FA Cup.

Nah, it's his agent doing God's work trying to flush out the interest from elsewhere. Benzema has been leaving for about 5 years ffs.

PSG or stay for him this summer is my guess.

You're nuts if you think Madrid won't offer up to triple what we can even consider offering Lukaku.

you are nuts if you think that they would be that desperate to pay that much for a great strker but not proven in champions league or at the biggest international stage. not saying that they dont have the money

Let him go with a first refusal at a knock down price clause.

I thought he'd be off to Real Madrid. I just hope we can at least offer John Stones a wage that matches his ability, otherwise it is just annoying. What if Coleman, Barkley and others fancy pastures new after a Lukaku/Stones double sale?

I hope things move fast and the deal is not secretive and is announced soon and then maybe the team will pull together before Lukaku leaves to win the FA Cup.
What's he being mentioned for in this conversation?

Maybe this season is a warm up for the boos?
They friggin loved Woodgate. I also though Raul was amazing. They seem to love Bale too, I dunno the press are a different thing. Off topic still, but I thought Illara was brilliant, surprised they let him go. Even from my view up in the heavens there, he looked like a more efficient McCarthy. Happy to be enlightened by any regular Madristas

We won't sell him - you're panicking for nothing.

i wouldn't say won't - i mean if they offered ronaldo or bale worth fee for him we'd be silly not to let him go.

But i don't understand the fret whatsoever, whoever believed he would be here for a considerable amount of his career would have been deluded in the first place - but we're not exactly on to a loser.

Look at who's up there with him at the top of the scoring charts vardy and kane, neither i'd say are worldbeaters or have had a notable career thus far. If he goes we get an absolute massive fee and considering martinez was the man to bring him here in the first place - i have the utmost confidence he'll be able to bring in a great replacement or two as well as strengthen other areas.

Look at our striking options from when he arrived and how much better they looked within a year. we'd gone from anichebe, vellios and jelavic to lukaku, kone and eto'o.

I just don't understand the method of thought of people fretting before anything's ever happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back