Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may well have but as the phrase goes "better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" comes to mind, at least we've had a lot of games with our young players - most rarely see the light of day.

Despite rating them both highly, personally thought that both Stones and Deulofeu needed time on the bench when they were dropped, perhaps they should have been brought back sooner but that is a different debate better suited for the Martinez thread and I'm not going in there even if you paid me Rom's salary ;)
Rom. A we have discussed previously, can't see him going this Summer unless one of the big clubs in the CL come after him. I feel he wants to play in a big league and not France. Interesting times ahead.

lukaku, that lad can finish however his work off the ball...not all that great. Frustrates the hell out of me to watch. In the Europa league last season we really saw what a 'beast' this lad can be. Often calls of he plays for himself but he has a connection with the fans and loves scoring goals. I hope he doesn't leave in the summer but can you blame a guy of his standard wanting to play European football? Just hope new owner makes sure Rom knows hes part of his plan to take the club forward.

sell stones (who may be or may be not a very good player) and keep rom who already is a GREAT player and absolutely a KEY and irreplaceble player for us

Great idea mate so how are we going to convince Rom to stay?

"Hi mate we'd love you to stay here, we might qualify for the Champions League next season and you'll be able to play in it the season after, or you could go to the world's biggest club right now and be a starting striker and win the Champions League and La Liga, all whilst making twice or even three times what we can offer you, but we'd love you to stay!"

Sounds a bit silly, really.

Can't see Madrid wanting lukaku due to his bad first touch, not skillful enough, not a show boater. Doesnt seem like a Madrid signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back