Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea mate so how are we going to convince Rom to stay?

"Hi mate we'd love you to stay here, we might qualify for the Champions League next season and you'll be able to play in it the season after, or you could go to the world's biggest club right now and be a starting striker and win the Champions League and La Liga, all whilst making twice or even three times what we can offer you, but we'd love you to stay!"

Sounds a bit silly, really.

If Real do come in for him, he's gone. No doubt about it - and fair play. Same with Bayern but I can't see them spending £60mil on one player (their record fee is £30mil), unless Lewandowski leaves. Barca aren't gonna go for Rom.

PSG will also be tough to turn down but I'd be hopeful that he wouldn't want to take the step down in league just yet, as he's said he wants to be in the Prem next year and I think only the 'big three' I name in my first paragraph could attract him out of that.

So, Prem-wise the team that need him and suit him is Arsenal. Tons of their fans on the train saying they just want Wenger to throw as much as we would take for Lukaku and get him signed up.

United are also another possibility - Chelsea less-so. Then we have City. I don't see Rom as a Pep striker, and there's already Aguero there so I doubt Rom would be first choice in an (adaptation of) 4-3-3.

im not convinced at all that that the key thing for keeping likes of Ross and Rom is keeping John Stones. I dont see the conection.

Because he's one of the biggest young talents in European football and a good way to signal your intent to the best players (as well as a new deal) is to keep one of the biggest young talents in European football.

I like Mori.

I like Jags.

But the gulf in class between them two and Stones is very, very large.

If England had a manager with even a bit of sense, Stones would be starting every game in the Euros next to Smalling in defence.

Unfortunately, we have Roy in charge and that means Cahill and Smalling and maybe Stones (as an 80th-minute sub at right back)

There's not many strikers in world football with the attributes Rom has. Its inevitable the big clubs will come knocking. Two crap seasons on the bounce means we have no chance keeping hold of him when they come.

Can't see Madrid wanting lukaku due to his bad first touch, not skillful enough, not a show boater. Doesnt seem like a Madrid signing.

Reading a lot about Madrid at the moment and they are trying to be done with the Galactico's. Former presidents saying they there will be a change in direction with some of the larger players leaving, potentially Ronaldo, Benzema and a few others to bring in younger hungrier talent to create a team.

But lets be honest, if Madrid come calling am not sure we could keep hold of Lukaku.

You say that like Madrid can't offer him £200,000 per week.

Probably they can but probably they wont

Because he's one of the biggest young talents in European football

Only time will tell if "one of the biggest talents" (i am not buying it especially when every year there seems to be quite a few biggest talents in the world) will become at least a very good defender IN THE FUTURE

If Real do come in for him, he's gone. No doubt about it - and fair play. Same with Bayern but I can't see them spending £60mil on one player (their record fee is £30mil), unless Lewandowski leaves. Barca aren't gonna go for Rom.

PSG will also be tough to turn down but I'd be hopeful that he wouldn't want to take the step down in league just yet, as he's said he wants to be in the Prem next year and I think only the 'big three' I name in my first paragraph could attract him out of that.

So, Prem-wise the team that need him and suit him is Arsenal. Tons of their fans on the train saying they just want Wenger to throw as much as we would take for Lukaku and get him signed up.

United are also another possibility - Chelsea less-so. Then we have City. I don't see Rom as a Pep striker, and there's already Aguero there so I doubt Rom would be first choice in an (adaptation of) 4-3-3.
United no chance as not in CL. If he goes to Real then he goes with our blessings. Can't turn that down.

Probably they can but probably they wont

Only time will tell if "one of the biggest talents" (i am not buying it especially when every year there seems to be quite a few biggest talents in the world) will become at least a very good defender IN THE FUTURE

He's one of the biggest young talents.

I didn't say biggest talent mate.

He's got a long way to go but he's already very very good and will only get better.

Hopefully that will be with us, but it doesn't look likely.

Sadly, I am resigned to the reality that he will be off in the summer. I guess if it's Real he's off to, that would be a less bitter pill to swallow than having to play against him in the PL.
This season really has been one of huge lost opportunity for Everton.
Oh well...onwards and hopefully upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back