Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldn't say won't - i mean if they offered ronaldo or bale worth fee for him we'd be silly not to let him go.

But i don't understand the fret whatsoever, whoever believed he would be here for a considerable amount of his career would have been deluded in the first place - but we're not exactly on to a loser.

Look at who's up there with him at the top of the scoring charts vardy and kane, neither i'd say are worldbeaters or have had a notable career thus far. If he goes we get an absolute massive fee and considering martinez was the man to bring him here in the first place - i have the utmost confidence he'll be able to bring in a great replacement or two as well as strengthen other areas.

Look at our striking options from when he arrived and how much better they looked within a year. we'd gone from anichebe, vellios and jelavic to lukaku, kone and eto'o.

I just don't understand the method of thought of people fretting before anything's ever happened.

I actually will say "won't". Barring as you say a bid of around £85m, where any club would sell, we simply can't afford to sell him. Or, to be more specific, Moshiri can't afford to sell him.

I think next summer or even January if we have another Martinez half season up until that point then yeah he's almost certainly gone, but this summer I think it'd take something close to a world record fee.

And for all of Lukaku's qualities, I'm not sure the clubs who can afford him will be that convinced to make him a "Galactico" on that scale just yet.

We're much more likely to lose Stones if the fee is right than Lukaku.

I think the dynamic of how we sell players is going to be interesting now with the new sponds.

Inevitably though if a player wants to go he will go, the best we can hoe for is to plead for one more year.

I actually will say "won't". Barring as you say a bid of around £85m, where any club would sell, we simply can't afford to sell him. Or, to be more specific, Moshiri can't afford to sell him.

I think next summer or even January if we have another Martinez half season up until that point then yeah he's almost certainly gone, but this summer I think it'd take something close to a world record fee.

And for all of Lukaku's qualities, I'm not sure the clubs who can afford him will be that convinced to make him a "Galactico" on that scale just yet.

We're much more likely to lose Stones if the fee is right than Lukaku.

i get the feeling he'll want to leave - didn't think this a month ago, but the league season has tailed off. Winning a cup may even want him to leave more. Thankfully we have the financial muscle to not accept, but i just have a gut feeling he may want to push for a move ... dependant on how his euros go i suppose.

I thought he'd be off to Real Madrid. I just hope we can at least offer John Stones a wage that matches his ability, otherwise it is just annoying. What if Coleman, Barkley and others fancy pastures new after a Lukaku/Stones double sale?

I hope things move fast and the deal is not secretive and is announced soon and then maybe the team will pull together before Lukaku leaves to win the FA Cup.

It's nothing more than paper talk at the moment, from one of the worst papers about.

Any bid/deal won't be until after the Euros.

i get the feeling he'll want to leave - didn't think this a month ago, but the league season has tailed off. Winning a cup may even want him to leave more. Thankfully we have the financial muscle to not accept, but i just have a gut feeling he may want to push for a move ... dependant on how his euros go i suppose.

He probably will want to leave. In fact, he should - I'd want out if I were him.

But we won't sell. Moshiri will delay for 12 months, because selling in his first window would leave a disastrous first impression on the fan base and a lasting suspicion that we've got a Randy Lerner on our hands. It'd also overshadow any spending completely - we could shell out £150m and sell Rom for £85m and still have a less effective squad.

My guess (and if I had to give a percentage probability, I'd say around 80-90% sure) is that we get rid of Stones and invest around £50m net into the squad in the summer, Lukaku will stay and we'll have one big final crack at the top four.

The core we have now will fall apart 12 months from now I reckon when we fail to break the top four. It all comes down to just how heavy the investment from Moshiri is, but this season was the big chance we had to break the top four AND have investment to maintain it, and we wasted that chance spectacularly.

What is our valuation of Lukaku? If we were bidding for him I don't think I'd want to pay more than £45m for him. He's scored a lot of goals but I just can't ever see him being a truly great player like Suarez or Henry etc due to his lack of technique. Suarez went for £65-75m. Sorry but Lukaku just isn't in that class.

He probably will want to leave. In fact, he should - I'd want out if I were him.

But we won't sell. Moshiri will delay for 12 months, because selling in his first window would leave a disastrous first impression on the fan base and a lasting suspicion that we've got a Randy Lerner on our hands. It'd also overshadow any spending completely - we could shell out £150m and sell Rom for £85m and still have a less effective squad.

My guess (and if I had to give a percentage probability, I'd say around 80-90% sure) is that we get rid of Stones and invest around £50m net into the squad in the summer, Lukaku will stay and we'll have one big final crack at the top four.

The core we have now will fall apart 12 months from now I reckon when we fail to break the top four. It all comes down to just how heavy the investment from Moshiri is, but this season was the big chance we had to break the top four AND have investment to maintain it, and we wasted that chance spectacularly.

can't argue with that - if we win the FA Cup then i couldn't give a flying one though to be honest. If lukaku plays like he did vs chelsea in the semis and final then we'll win it - not even our shoddy defence will stop that.

It could easily be a case that the prem is starting to turn into a fight where anyone can challenge top 4 at the start of every season, with the extra TV money, it's only going to become more competitive imo.

I am speculating but I think Moshiri, having only 49.9% and being termed and presented as an investor, won't do much to stop Stones and Lukaku leaving. They will be 'footballing decisions'. Lukaku will leave once a £60m+ bid comes in. Lukaku is off.. His agent said Martinez told him Everton would sell for a 'good offer'.

With regards to Stones, if Guardiola wants him Man City are capable of paying £75m. I don't think we will get a 40 million fee only if a Man City move is agreed. Daily Mail said we'd be looking for £200m for those 2 plus Barkley, but I believe Barkley will stay.

I cannot see anger being directed at Moshiri if we sell Stones and Lukaku for super fees.

What is our valuation of Lukaku? If we were bidding for him I don't think I'd want to pay more than £45m for him. He's scored a lot of goals but I just can't ever see him being a truly great player like Suarez or Henry etc due to his lack of technique. Suarez went for £65-75m. Sorry but Lukaku just isn't in that class.

I think lukaku is massively better than what suarez was at this age. You're buying for the next 10 or so years from a club with a lot of money from a league with loads and loads of money and not what i'd call limited time left on his contract. No footballer is ever worth what we value them as, i wouldn't even consider anything under £70m with all those factored in - but that's just me.

I am speculating but I think Moshiri, having only 49.9% and being termed and presented as an investor, won't do much to stop Stones and Lukaku leaving. They will be 'footballing decisions'. Lukaku will leave once a £60m+ bid comes in. Lukaku is off.. His agent said Martinez told him Everton would sell for a 'good offer'.

With regards to Stones, if Guardiola wants him Man City are capable of paying £75m. I don't think we will get a 40 million fee only if a Man City move is agreed. Daily Mail said we'd be looking for £200m for those 2 plus Barkley, but I believe Barkley will stay.

I cannot see anger being directed at Moshiri if we sell Stones and Lukaku for super fees.

forgot to reply to tubey's post about this part - is it even moshiri's decision? Bill's still the chairman, is it still him who has the final say on who stays, who goes etc. but do transfer fees go to moshiri or bill? i'm not really knowledgeable on business matters.

forgot to reply to tubey's post about this part - is it even moshiri's decision? Bill's still the chairman, is it still him who has the final say on who stays, who goes etc. but do transfer fees go to moshiri or bill? i'm not really knowledgeable on business matters.

Of course it is Moshiri. To all extents and purposes, Kenwright is just in a placeholder role. The fees go to the club and the shareholders have interests based on how much of a stake they hold in the club.

Any decision in regards to how the club is ran now will go through Moshiri or his representatives. He owns half the club; in practical reality, he owns the club.

If we sell Lukaku or Stones, Moshiri will be the one authorising it.

Might never be a Suarez, but Lukaku is a completely different forward in his own right.

They are better at different things etc etc.

Imagine them playing alongside one another...

I think lukaku is massively better than what suarez was at this age. You're buying for the next 10 or so years from a club with a lot of money from a league with loads and loads of money and not what i'd call limited time left on his contract. No footballer is ever worth what we value them as, i wouldn't even consider anything under £70m with all those factored in - but that's just me.

Suarez was scoring nearly a goal a game for Ajax at the same age, admittedly in an inferior league. He was proven in a top league but that is different to not being as good. I never saw him play age 22 so can't really compare. I just can't see him ever being technically good enough to play for a Barca or Real level club. They prefer skilful forwards, Romario, Suarez, Villa, Raul, Ronaldo etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back