Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we can hold on to Lukaku.

However, if he does go, Man Utd would be the most likely destination, just for the simple fact that they're so desperate for a striker they'd pay well over the odds for him to beat off competition imo.

Pity that Jordan isn't a RB, bet we could get Rom to stay if we brought his brother to the club.

This is what I've been saying for months. We just should buy Jordan. He's LB but could also play LM; he's physically really strong and has a good center.
AND it would convince Rom to stay. There's nothing he'd like more than to play with his younger brother.

Is it just me or does this sort of thing always come out when our Belgium players go on international duty.

The dad also said that he dreams of Jordan giving a center and Rom scoring in the national team.
If we buy Jordan, they can do it for Everton!

Never saw Kanchelskis Bry? I assume you just mean playing for us?
Different type of player,he was more explosive, on top of his game a world beater.
Think lineker was better than Rom for putting the ball away, as was big bob Latchford who was miles better in the air as well.
Sharpy in his prime had a lot more to his alround play as well linking up teammates as well as scoring a good few,and dont forget they were not getting wrapped in cotton wool like they are now.
Good player Rom but think he will go , cant blame him either the way we have performed the last two seasons, hope we get mega money and a decent manager to spend it.

the full quote

Hiddink has already indicated that Chelsea need to take him back, Manchester United and Juventus show interest. What should Romelu do?

“Personally I think he needs to take the next step. Romelu has his own opinion, he also has an agent. I see there is interest from Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munchen, Juventus, Chelsea, Man United.. I see two clubs that are ideal for him: Manchester United and Bayern Munchen. Man United is a team under construction, who don’t possess a genuine striker. Bayern is a machine where he would play well, provided Lewandowski goes to PSG or elsewhere.”

“At Bayern with their playing style Romelu would score a lot. Returning to Chelsea would make everything complicated. And Juventus already have two, three strikers. I know his agent prefers Italy, but in my eyes Romelu has to join Bayern or Man United. Either way a club where he always plays, rotation is not for him. He takes care of himself, isn’t injured often and is physically strong. He can handle a whole season.”

I actually thought we had a chance of getting him on a new contract, with a big wage boost, and the promise that he could go next summer if we don't get Top 4...

Having read that from his dad, it sounds very much like he's definitely off, with just a decision to make on where to go.

Such a shame. This season was such a massive wasted opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back