Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has media duties he has to perform.

He is asked direct questions from a demanding media.

It's not like over here were press is controlled and local press wont dare ask a question that could prevent future access.
He could have said he doesn't wish to discuss this whilst the season is ongoing and we still have a front to fight on.

It is a bit of a kick in the teeth to the fans who are cheering him on whilst he is whoring himself out. I'd understand if we were out of the cup and just left with this piss poor season, but thousands are already planning our trip down to Wembley pinning our hopes on him.

Be a shame to lose him but you only have to look at his body language to see how frustrated he is, the crowd is beyond frustrated so we can't expect him to be any less disapointed then we are, least he has the option to go, the fans are here for life, don't blame him one bit

to be fair i'm not fully convinced martinez would be able to replace him properly, his signings for strikers haven't exactly been the best really.

Everyone knew Lukaku would score goals, he wasn't something of a unknown, but his other striking signings haven't impressed me at all.

Traore, Kone, Niasse isn't seeing game time so will judge him when he does.

to be fair i'm not fully convinced martinez would be able to replace him properly, his signings for strikers haven't exactly been the best really.

Everyone knew Lukaku would score goals, he wasn't something of a unknown, but his other striking signings haven't impressed me at all.

Traore, Kone, Niasse isn't seeing game time so will judge him when he does.

And he got lucky on lukaku

He did on the original loan, but he didn't on the purchase - to stake effectively his whole transfer budget on one player and to shatter the clubs transfer record was a gutsy call.

He wouldn't have bought him without the loan period, so to get him at the club in the first place was a complete bit of luck.

Jesus we could have had our front 2 of demba ba and kone

Biggest issue he is effectively irreplaceable.

Well, he is and he isn't. I don't think we'll find a striker who will score as many goals, but we can definitely find one who fits the team a little bit better. People are putting this on the same scale as Spurs/Bale and Liverpool/Suarez but I don't think it's in any way similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back