Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't have bought him without the loan period, so to get him at the club in the first place was a complete bit of luck.

Jesus we could have had our front 2 of demba ba and kone
But you seem to be implying he didn't go for Rom because he didn't rate him? I got the impression that he only went for Ba because he probably made the logical assumption that Chelsea were going to keep Rom there as Ba's replacement. Martinez clearly jumped at the chance once Rom was offered on loan, the fools at Chelsea preferring Ba and Eto'o instead, and then once he got that bit of luck he then smartly exploited it and staked an awful lot on making it permanent.

He has media duties he has to perform.

He is asked direct questions from a demanding media.

It's not like over here were press is controlled and local press wont dare ask a question that could prevent future access.

True. And recently he has also criticised the playing tactics of the Belgian team. But he got applauded for it because it was a well constructed criticism. And the journalists liked it that he actually had an (intelligent) opinion of his own, as opposed to the usual media trained BS many players utter.

He could have said he doesn't wish to discuss this whilst the season is ongoing and we still have a front to fight on.

It is a bit of a kick in the teeth to the fans who are cheering him on whilst he is whoring himself out. I'd understand if we were out of the cup and just left with this piss poor season, but thousands are already planning our trip down to Wembley pinning our hopes on him.

Or, now the entire team has woken up and knows we NEED to win the cup to have a chance of keeping players like Rom and Stones?

Well, he is and he isn't. I don't think we'll find a striker who will score as many goals, but we can definitely find one who fits the team a little bit better. People are putting this on the same scale as Spurs/Bale and Liverpool/Suarez but I don't think it's in any way similar.
You're correct it isn't similar. In the aftermath and subsequent years both have ended up with better managers. With have Martinez. When Spurs had bale the got and then nearly got top 4 when Liverpool had Suarez they almost won the league slipping just towards the end, we have Lukaku and were 12th

He has media duties he has to perform.

He is asked direct questions from a demanding media.

It's not like over here were press is controlled and local press wont dare ask a question that could prevent future access.

Aye, I think the bit of honesty is fine. It's not like none of us knew he was leaving. I suspect he would have left even if we had secured CL tbh

You're correct it isn't similar. In the aftermath and subsequent years both have ended up with better managers. With have Martinez. When Spurs had bale the got and then nearly got top 4 when Liverpool had Suarez they almost won the league slipping just towards the end, we have Lukaku and were 12th

Are you saying we should get Redknapp or Rodgers in?

Do you really need to slate Martinez in every single post?

Hopefully if Lukaku is off we can buy about 3 or 4 players to strengthen the squad.

Lukaku's good, but he's no Bale, let alone Suarez who is in a different stratosphere

And hurtling towards our worst home record in a season in our entire existence. Like ever..

I'll be gutted when he goes but there can be no questioning his efforts for our club and wherever he goes after us, which was always an inevitability, will see us getting a fat load of cash and seeing him off our with well-wishes. I won't be losing sleep about this and I don't see him dropping his performance levels so I have no qualms. I want the best for Everton and for Lukaku too, they probably won't be the same thing so no hard feelings.

Fellaini used to talk like this all the time, and he'd still be at Everton now if anyone but Moyes had got the United job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back