Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know things aren't this simple, but I'd like to think that if I were Moshiri, I'd call Rom into my office tomorrow and say to him

"I'm fully aware that you've been our player of the season, and without you we'd have been in trouble. And because of that Romelu, and the fact we have more money coming into the club from next season, I'm offering you a pay rise to £100,000 a week if you sign this new one year contract extension. Which by the way has a buy-out clause in it if we fail to make the Champions League next season. You're 22, give us one more season to prove to you that we as a club share your ambitions, and let's see if we can all achieve what we all want, here at Everton. If we don't, you can move with our blessing when the clause is met next summer. So let's start by winning the FA Cup, and then you go to the Euros as an Everton player and be BOSS."

He can't leave without us letting him he's under contract, stones tried and failed, new money in the club or not we are in control, not Lukaku or his agent. A transfer request can just be turned down, he saw first hand how we dealt with stones and know we do really dig our heals in nowadays with situations like this, we are not the Everton of old (Rooney,Lescott days) this is a new era and we have money now.

I know things aren't this simple, but I'd like to think that if I were Moshiri, I'd call Rom into my office tomorrow and say to him

"I'm fully aware that you've been our player of the season, and without you we'd have been in trouble. And because of that Romelu, and the fact we have more money coming into the club from next season, I'm offering you a pay rise to £100,000 a week if you sign this new one year contract extension. Which by the way has a buy-out clause in it if we fail to make the Champions League next season. You're 22, give us one more season to prove to you that we as a club share your ambitions, and let's see if we can all achieve what we all want, here at Everton. If we don't, you can move with our blessing when the clause is met next summer. So let's start by winning the FA Cup, and then you go to the Euros as an Everton player and be BOSS."

Which is exactly what was said to him last season to keep him here for this season.

Do not forget that even if we make the Champions League next season, we don't play in it until the season after. By which time he'll be 25. Honestly, if I was in his shoes, and it would be from this point three seasons until I played in the Champions League, I'd be off. Especially when clubs like Madrid are interested and will be offering near £200,000, making our contract offer laughable in comparison.

One can dream...

Goalscorer's and young goalscorer at that are at a premium,he should only be allowed to leave on our terms,I would be setting a transfer fee between 65/70 million to be honest,if they want him that much that's what they will pay IMHO.
Totally agree, a lot of comments just think we have to roll over and let him go, the ball is totally in the clubs court what they say goes while his under contract, clubs can officially bid but it's the clubs choice, not anyone else's.

Devastated but expected this. What an opportunity to grab champs league this season and our manager blew it with his lunatic tactics and decisions. It was obvious our top players will push for an exit due to the failure in league 2 years in a row. Expect more. Alot of us knew this was going to happen. Best of luck to him .Top top player who will be near impossible to replace.

Goalscorer's and young goalscorer at that are at a premium,he should only be allowed to leave on our terms,I would be setting a transfer fee between 65/70 million to be honest,if they want him that much that's what they will pay IMHO.

if its Madrid, would rather have twenty million and Morata (who they have a buyback clause on) than sixty million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back