Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are just about to discuss it on Sunday Supplement if anyone can put up with listening to the gang of teds

As an aside, I think Rom should tell his agent to pull his head in! I'm all for these blokes looking to improve their players bargaining position, but some clubs wouldn't stand for crap like that. I hope that one day, with Moshi in a commanding position, we are one if those clubs.

far as i can see his agent hasnt piped up a single word for a long whilst

Saying that though, a lot of people didn't rate Lukaku that much when he first came "Lazy" "Can't control a ball" etc.

Was also shouts that at £28m Mourinho had had us off big style, how times change.
True but alot of people also said they were delighted to get a proven goalscorer with one of the top goal records for young players in all of the top European leagues and 28 million was well worth it . So in other respects times haven't changed.

I like Rom, but nobody is bigger than the club. If he wants off to seek the lights, then good luck and thanks for the goals. Personally, I'd rather be a legend at one club than win a few cups (obviously I'd rather do both!!), being in and out of a team. We'll get a shedfull of money to add to what Moshiri has to spend. Console yourself with these thoughts: 1. There are plenty of clubs ABOVE us who don't have a striker as good as Rom. If they can cope, so can we, now we can shop for higher quality. 2. The season Lineker was with us he scored a huge number of goals, but the rest of the brilliant team around him didn't perform as they should - as they had adapted their game to feed him. We were good, but we weren't as good as the the year before we had Lineker, or the year after he left us.

They are just about to discuss it on Sunday Supplement if anyone can put up with listening to the gang of teds

I missed it mate what did they say?

For what it's worth if he thinks it's time to go then let him go. He's been a superb signing by Bobby, he's slotted for fun which unfortunately hasn't got us anywhere in particular in the league.

I've said it before, he's probably shown more loyalty than the likes of Rooney or Jeffers ever did.

I don't think we should start going down the road of thinking only because he has 3 years we can refuse anything for him. Potential players looking at us to maybe sign wouldn't want to know they are coming to a club who will refuse them other moves because unfortunately where we are as a club atm is once in a blue moon we get the chance to bring in a quality player with huge potential like Rom, but that player basically sees us as a stepping stone ( rightly or wrongly that's down to interpretation).

As long as we get a premium price if it does turn out he wants out then so be it. The days of me being absolutely gutted about players leaving are long gone.

It won't be too long until we reach the tipping point with his contract. We should definitely offer him an extended contract and I think we should keep him for another year whether he signs it or not. However after next year, his price would start to decline, reflecting the fact that down the line he could be available on a free. For me we've got 1 year to build a champions league team around this genuinely world class young player. Those people saying sell and replace need to have a good look at how hard it is to unearth a regular 20 goal a season premier league striker.

I'd be completely gutted if he leaves this summer, it would be a great case of "if only". The positive is that I don't believe he will.

I want to see Lukaku with 400 games and over 200 goals, a couple of cups, at least one Premier League title and several years of CL under his belt with Everton.

Imagine a 30 year old Lukaku saying I achieved all this at Everton - that's where our ambitions should lie!

CL is code for a big pay rise,unfortunetly everton have had a cap on that in recent years,
over to you moshiri,I think we,ll find out in the summer if this fella means business or is a puppet for kenwright

I am delighted to join you here today at Goodison Park for my first match as a shareholder in Everton Football Club. I also felt it was fitting that my first message was in the matchday programme, with Everton being the first ever club to regularly produce one for home games. Indeed, it is this strong sense of tradition which appealed to me as I discussed the opportunity with Bill Kenwright.

It is testament to the enduring quality and consistency of the Club that Everton has remained in the top flight of English football since 1954. In more recent times this has been achieved under the stewardship of Bill, Robert Elstone and all the team behind the scenes at the Club.

I am here to support them as required to ensure that the Club recaptures the glory days of the past and builds sustained success in the future.

I know a lot of you want to know what my plans are. There is much to be done and things for me to learn, but I can confirm that I have committed to providing additional funds for transfers and retaining our key players to ensure that we have a strong core to build on for the future.

We will also be looking at options in relation to our stadium. Goodison Park has served the Club extremely well but we need to make sure the Club has a suitable stage to perform on for the future. We will review the best options and how to finance, especially as it is likely to costs a little more than the �3,000 it apparently did back in 1892.

Finally, and most importantly, Everton is about great football and winning matches. Good luck to Roberto and the boys against Chelsea today.

Chill your beans. We've got wonga coming out of our ears.

Everyone wet themselves about us messing up signing Lukaku, then about Deulofeu. What happened then?

Despite what people may more increasingly think, we aren't run by incompetent apes.

In my opinion the only way that Rom will be leaving this summer is if we receive a ridiculous offer for him. i.e Bale type of money. He will be offered a new deal in the summer but if it isnt signed something similar to how United handled Ronaldo will be done such as give us one more season and then you can leave. If we do that and the money available is spent wisely by whoever is in charge then who knows in 12 months he might change his mind and sign on the dotted line if not then get what we can and invest in the team.

Yes the interview is a bit disconcerting but Romelu didn't ask the questions and if he had answered them in the negative he wouldn't be doing himself any favours either. It's the state of the game nowadays - even if the top stars are playing for an unassailable champion their status gets questioned. The likes of Aguero at City have been questioned, Ronaldo to Man United (as if!), Zlatan, Suarez to The RS (pull the other one it's got bells on it). Romelu - do you fancy playing for Atletico Madrid (err, what do you think?), Chelsea (don't be stupid lad..), Man Utd, Bayern.. It's a pain in the arse but they get hold of the players outside their club environment and these questions come up all the time.

I missed it mate what did they say?

For what it's worth if he thinks it's time to go then let him go. He's been a superb signing by Bobby, he's slotted for fun which unfortunately hasn't got us anywhere in particular in the league.

I've said it before, he's probably shown more loyalty than the likes of Rooney or Jeffers ever did.

I don't think we should start going down the road of thinking only because he has 3 years we can refuse anything for him. Potential players looking at us to maybe sign wouldn't want to know they are coming to a club who will refuse them other moves because unfortunately where we are as a club atm is once in a blue moon we get the chance to bring in a quality player with huge potential like Rom, but that player basically sees us as a stepping stone ( rightly or wrongly that's down to interpretation).

As long as we get a premium price if it does turn out he wants out then so be it. The days of me being absolutely gutted about players leaving are long gone.

Initially they used it as an opportunity to talk about Chelsea and why did they let him go. One of the journalists suggested that he could go back to Chelsea but Alyson Rudd said why would he because they won't be in the Champions League.

There was interestingly a word of warning for Lukaku. It was said that he does well when he has an arm around him. At Goodison he has had that but he didn't at Chelsea. Questions were asked as to how he would cope at the likes of Bayern etc. Wilfred Bony was given as an example of a player who wanted to play Champions league football at city but it probably hasn't worked out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back