Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
it all in the out now. clear as a day that he's off.

martinez must feel like his nuts have been kicked in.

it can be anything between £45-65m who knows.

you can buy nice things with that money.
The problem is that we can't buy/attract anyone who can score goals at the rate Rom can. He is the only player we have that we cannot replace with any amount of money.

having read his interview published on the 18th, it comes across as a player who like us is very frustrated with a season which should have been much better.

He is thankful to the club and the manager for giving him the move from Chelsea but it looks like his agent has already been sounded out by other clubs.

I would say 70% gone unless a combination of money and sweet talking by martinez can keep him here.

Good point!
But I think that if Stones really wanted to go to Chelsea, they would have found a deal everybody was happy with.
Like I said before; A contract these days is a means for both parties to have some leverage (depending on who's the one who wants the contract to be ended).

Stones handed a transfer request in and Chelsea made 8 million different bids for him. I'm not sure how much clearer his desire to leave and Chelsea's desire to sign him could've been made, stopping short of him going on strike and refusing to play.

The club holds all the cards. Lukaku has 3 years left on his contract. Clubs are loaded with Sky tv money these days, and EFC in particular with a new billionaire majority shareholder. 'Player power' is far from what it used to be from just a couple of years ago.

I don't think he wants to leave, I think if we were in CL he'd stay.

I don't think he's dying to leave Everton because we're Everton. It's because we're not matching his wishes. CL is key and that's why this season is a (phenomenal) damp squib and missed (unique) opportunity.

Since Sharpy's best days, we've waited for someone as good or better, and we wasted him.

I remain in hope that he'll stay because Moshiri will intervene with mucho mulah.

That's what we hope mate.

I think really we just have to hope that a champions league club doesn't fancy him! Utd creeping closer to fourth place without a top striker and PSG losing Zlatan makes me worry though.
who wouldnt effing fancy him. there will be many teams after him. his comments last summer were like this. he told us already then that he is just a visitor at everton. he busted my nuts then and now...im all numb. give us a cup and go.

who wouldnt effing fancy him. there will be many teams after him. his comments last summer were like this. he told us already then that he is just a visitor at everton. he busted my nuts then and now...im all numb. give us a cup and go.

You need to calm down and find your inner sisu, Finners...this ain't no club for pansies. If Bayern want him they can fork over Müller or GTF.

You need to calm down and find your inner sisu, Finners...this ain't no club for pansies. If Bayern want him they can fork over Müller or GTF.

2hd3cqs.jpg

Inevitable that he's off, and who can blame him? We can all blame our manager though as his inability to manage a great team (I think we are) and his tactical ineptitude have cost us many points this season (most of them at home for some reason). In this year of a VERY mediocre PL, and with the quality we have in our squad, we should be sitting in the top 4 somewhere. If that were the case, and with the new investment and hope for the future, we would be able to keep everyone of our players. Sad. Very sad.

Thanks Rom, accept 65-70mil no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back